• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help will i get a refurb. epic if i use insurance claim?

dmagikwand

Lurker
Nov 10, 2010
Hi. I have had my epic a total of 40 days and have dropped it a total of 1 time but, unfortunately, that 1 drop in a parking lot slightly cracked the screen just below the sprint logo at the top of the phone. The crack is a horizontal line spanning the width of the glass. It is not a huge deal to me right now but I was wondering what I would get if I turn this in. Will I get a refurb no matter what? or will I get a new one now but likely a refurb if I wait a few months? I want a phone without a cracked screen of course eventually but I am in no hurry unless it is advantageous for me to turn it in now. I'm not sure how much it even matters on the refurb part. Information/opinions please?

If you have other problems like keyboard problems you can always just go exchange it for that reason and then they wil most likely give you a new phone. The screen might be a cosmetic problem so you might have to go through tep and file a replacement which might cost upwards of a 100 bucks but most likely will be new...

Upvote 0
it kinda depends on where you got it from and what kind of insure, you have on it. Im not sure the exact details on them, but if you got it from a 3rd party, radioshack or best buy, they may have a exchange policy for 90 days. But I was told by a sprint rep (we know how reliable they r lol) that with the sprint insure you would get a refub, unless the part was in stock and they could fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones