• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will rooting fix galaxy s4 wifi issue

A

Android Question

I have the classic galaxy s4 wifi issue where my wifi is extremely weak and consistently drops its signal. Ive done all the factory reset stuff and talked to someone at my Verizon store where he told told me it was a common bug in Android 4.3. Apparently once 4.4 comes to the galaxy s4 the issue should fix. So my question is, if i instal Cyanogenmod, or some other custom Rom, would that fix my wifi issue? Obviously if the issue is hardware then it will not fix it, but if its software, would this idea work? Thanks!

Rooting and flashing a ROM are two different things.

Will Cyanogen fix the issue? As you said, it may if it's a software issue, it won't if it's a hardware issue. And if the antenna contact isn't tight enough, you get the symptoms you have. (Unless it was working fine and started to have the problem immediately after the update. Then I'd lean toward a software issue. But we still don't know if CM will fix it. Or if KK will, either.)

Just rooting the phone, though? (Rooting is just installing a file and an app.) Nothing at all to do with wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones