• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Will Spz's updater script work with 2.3.6 update?

Exactly what the thread says so I can push u guys a rom out while I try to get this thing deodexed.

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

while technically you could use his updater script, you would have to make the appropriate changes to it though so it knows where to put what where. some problems might come from using an updater script from another rom though

Upvote 0
I don't recall anyone asking permission to use components from my rom 0.o

No disrespect bro, I wasn't gonna use it without coming to you first. I already know how it is when ppl don't ask to use your shit. Lol. But I'm not the most advanced when it comes down to the scripts, how well would it work with the the mpcs 2.3.6 update. Your 2.3.6 is the generic update right?

Upvote 0
No disrespect bro, I wasn't gonna use it without coming to you first. I already know how it is when ppl don't ask to use your shit. Lol. But I'm not the most advanced when it comes down to the scripts, how well would it work with the the mpcs 2.3.6 update. Your 2.3.6 is the generic update right?

will it work. Yes and no. his rom is ext4 and the mpcs update is not. If you change the part where it mounts and formats it will work fine. Even if you dont it will if you mount system in cwm.

Upvote 0
Hey genovdot I have the stock music player from the attain which has some nice feats ( just my opinion), do think you can get to work on your new rom or it just a waste of trying?

I would believe it depends on the touchwiz framework but I'm not totally sure. Try it on your current rom. make a back up of your original and install the attain music player in your system folder. Make sure its named correctly and the permissions are right. If it works let me know and ill toss it in the rom.

Upvote 0
I will be returning it tonight to my local
xiaowang0.jpg

xiaowang1.jpg

xiaowang2.jpg

xiaowang3.jpg

test3.jpg

??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones