• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wiping Data & Cache

KrisPeezy

May 9, 2010
I know that this is necessary before flashing new roms, I just did this but the rom failed to load, so I rebooted and my phone is back to stock. Does it revert to stock each and every time the data is wiped? So, even after a flash a new rom, such as skyraider, and then wipe the data, am I back to stock? Just wondering...

Thanks

I know that this is necessary before flashing new roms, I just did this but the rom failed to load, so I rebooted and my phone is back to stock. Does it revert to stock each and every time the data is wiped? So, even after a flash a new rom, such as skyraider, and then wipe the data, am I back to stock? Just wondering...

Thanks

Yes, everytime you wipe data/factory reset, you're back to stock, but you're still rooted and have S-OFF.

Reactions: KrisPeezy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones