• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help **wireless charging questions in here please**

Blah i know its been answered and thread should die but I have another question and didnt want to start new thread.

If we get the wireless charging cover, will it work with otterbox case? Or does it have to be in contact with charging pad?

I assume it would but would like to know if i can charge with otterbox case or any other case.

great idea on the thread i'll re title it.

the problem is if you put the inductive back on there if it adds any size to the device it may not fit in the otter box.

Upvote 0
Considering purchase of the HTC ReZound - Inductive charging is a consideration. Will the Palm Touchstone charging base work?

Hey welcome to AF.

That is a great question. I however am not sure of that answer. Here is a thread that was down pretty deep on the list you may could ask it in there and see if anyone knows. Or someone may chime in on this one.

http://androidforums.com/htc-rezound/439938-wireless-charging-questions-here-please.html

Sorry trophy, went ahead and merged them. Figure till someone actually has one and/or can confirm some of this stuff we should keep all the talk about it together in one thread

Upvote 0
A search of the Powermat website did not reveal any details about distance to device but if it is a magnetic resonance mat, it should work well from the thickness of phat case.

Here is a good explanation of the technology...

Modern Wireless Power

Modern wireless power transmission was made possible because of the contributions of MIT researchers led by Marin Soljacic. This team has found a way around the limitations of Tesla

Reactions: trophynuts
Upvote 0
OK so i got my inductive charging back today and here is what i have found so far:
1) yes it is quite a bit thicker than the standard back
2) no it does not work with the touchstone for the palm (either the pre our the touchpad)
3) and worst of all the standard charging port no longer works once the new back is installed. I wonder if this is a software issue or hardware

Upvote 0
OK so i got my inductive charging back today and here is what i have found so far:
1) yes it is quite a bit thicker than the standard back
2) no it does not work with the touchstone for the palm (either the pre our the touchpad)
3) and worst of all the standard charging port no longer works once the new back is installed. I wonder if this is a software issue or hardware

Thanks for the real life experience. This changes my mind about ordering the charging back at this point, because I want to be able to charge the phone in my car, if need be. I'll wait for software updates that allow the charging port to still retain its functionality.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the real life experience. This changes my mind about ordering the charging back at this point, because I want to be able to charge the phone in my car, if need be. I'll wait for software updates that allow the charging port to still retain its functionality.

I opened a support incident with HTC cause i cannot believe this was intentional.

Upvote 0
I highly suspect that Santa is bringing me a charging pad the 25th. Has anyone else confirmed that this new battery door does not disable the usb charging port? With the new cover, is the antenna as good as the original door? Does the increased thickness feel offensive? Is the fit of cover to phone as good as the original. Do they make an inductive car charger/mount?

I need reviews with pics if possible. I may yet have time to edit Santa's list if need be.

Upvote 0
I highly suspect that Santa is bringing me a charging pad the 25th. Has anyone else confirmed that this new battery door does not disable the usb charging port? With the new cover, is the antenna as good as the original door? Does the increased thickness feel offensive? Is the fit of cover to phone as good as the original. Do they make an inductive car charger/mount?

I need reviews with pics if possible. I may yet have time to edit Santa's list if need be.

Asketh and shall receive :)

This is from Mark at HTCPedia: HTC Rezound Wireless Charging Setup

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones