• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wireless DeX and Android TV

Thanks Augie, but that solution requires the TV support Miracast, which is a protocol that Google has abandoned. The article is from 2020. Google has shifted from Miracast to Chromecast, which does not cooperate with DeX. It really sucks because there are so many times in a month that I could really use this on our big, expensive Android TV - and I can't!

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
I'd love to know how to use Chromecast on my Z Fold 4 to project wireless DeX to the TV. I don't believe it is possible right now... not until Google decides to cooperate with Samsung a little more.

UPDATE:

Apparently it's SAMSUNG that's to blame. Wireless DeX uses Miracast, which Google has long abandoned in favor of Chromecast. So this is a problem for SAMSUNG to fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones