• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless Hotspot on Froyo w/o Custom Rom?

bertpbno1

Lurker
Jan 3, 2010
Apologies in advance for the post; I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before, I'm just having a hard time finding it.

I have a Droid running the recent Froyo update. I'm wondering if there is a way to root my phone and do something (install an app?) that will allow me to use the phone as a wifi hotspot without installing a custom rom? I'm not a super adventurous user (mostly concerned about speed/stability); I would just like to utilize this feature if possible.

If it isn't possible to do this without installing a custom rom, is there a rom available that makes minimal changes to the standard OS just to enable a few missing features like tethering and wifi hotspot?

Thanks for the help, and again, sorry if this is posted somewhere and I just didn't see it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones