• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Within becomes Epic Touch 4G

Soon folks, soon. Samsung Gets a Bit Racy With New US Galaxy S II Teaser [VIDEO]

Update: If you all didn't notice, it says 9/9 on the weather app at the end of the video. That's a hint of the rumored launched date if you ask me.

ALSO, if you look at the last frame, you will see the actual U.S. Galaxy SII. (No middle button!)

UPDATE: You will also note that not only is the date on the U.S. version set for September 9, the location is Kansas City. So what you are looking at is the SPRINT U.S. version. (For the unknowing, Kansas City is Sprint HQ.)

Upvote 0
ALSO, if you look at the last frame, you will see the actual U.S. Galaxy SII. (No middle button!)

UPDATE: You will also note that not only is the date on the U.S. version set for September 9, the location is Kansas City. So what you are looking at is the SPRINT U.S. version. (For the unknowing, Kansas City is Sprint HQ.)

I was going to mention the location as well, but I was at work when I found that out. I'm waiting for the N3 but still this is going to be sweet. Man do I wish it came out before the NS4G.

Upvote 0
Quick question, on the Galaxy S2 at the end, the US version. Is that a sprint voicemail icon on the page or is that a standard voicemail app? That is on both mine and my wife's phone. I don't remember mine being like that on Verizon. Just a though, anyone know?

Actually, the icons look to be specific to either Samsung or Sprint. My icons on my current Evo 4G are entirely different, but that may be because HTC has unique icons.

Upvote 0
Actually, the icons look to be specific to either Samsung or Sprint. My icons on my current Evo 4G are entirely different, but that may be because HTC has unique icons.

Well I just doubled checked mine and my wifes. Mine has the exact same one as the commercial at the end, I have the Motorola Photon. My wife's is different though, she has the EVO 3d, and hers looks the same as the regular EVO.

So I wonder if there is still something to it or not.

Upvote 0
Hey guys..... I may be able to give you a definitive answer on Friday. I don't want to reveal too much at this point. I am aware that people from sprint read this forum, and I want to make sure that I keep things vauge enough as to protect the identity of a person high up in sprint that I am in contact with.

Upvote 0
Hey guys..... I may be able to give you a definitive answer on Friday. I don't want to reveal too much at this point. I am aware that people from sprint read this forum, and I want to make sure that I keep things vauge enough as to protect the identity of a person high up in sprint that I am in contact with.

A definitive answer to what?

Upvote 0

Hey Man, It's Thursday. (Close enough?) Dying to hear what you heard! :)

Upvote 0
Hey Man, It's Thursday. (Close enough?) Dying to hear what you heard! :)

I believe the official Samsung video tells it all. As most sites have observed:

"the clock widget shows the date September 9th, and the weather widget puts the location in Kansas City. This seems to match up with rumors that Sprint (whose headquarters are located right outside Kansas City) will be launching the Samsung Galaxy S II on September 9th. If that’s not enough to convince you, we’d also like to point out that the Visual voicemail app on the screen does belong to Sprint."​

While it will be nice to have Samsung officially confirm all of this at the unveiling, no unofficial rumor will do much more for me than what the video shows.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
I believe the official Samsung video tells it all. As most sites have observed:

"the clock widget shows the date September 9th, and the weather widget puts the location in Kansas City. This seems to match up with rumors that Sprint (whose headquarters are located right outside Kansas City) will be launching the Samsung Galaxy S II on September 9th. If that’s not enough to convince you, we’d also like to point out that the Visual voicemail app on the screen does belong to Sprint."​

While it will be nice to have Samsung officially confirm all of this at the unveiling, no unofficial rumor will do much more for me than what the video shows.

It wont be an unofficial rumor. If this Person tells me tomorrow that 9/9 is the day, then that means that the launch day is set in stone .

Reactions: Exit24
Upvote 0
Chat with Sprint Rep:

16:28:16 :​
Marcia O.: It will be updated in one bill cycle.

16:28:20 :​
ME: Um

16:28:32 :​
ME: Before the samsung galaxy sII comes out?

16:28:56 :​
Marcia O.: Let me check.

16:30:11 :​
Marcia O.: Yes.

16:31:56 :​
Marcia O.: Thanks a lot, have a great day!

16:34:42 :​
ME: Wait

16:34:49 :​
ME: When does the samsung galaxy s2 come out

16:35:01 :​
Marcia O.: Ok.

16:36:31 :​
Marcia O.: As of now we don't have exact date, however it's going to be launched soon. Once it will be launched it will be updated on our website.

16:38:26 :​
Marcia O.: Is there anything else may I assist you with?

Upvote 0
Finally revealed. No Verizon. They look good Samsung Galaxy S II variants for AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile revealed | PhoneDog

Update: Idk if it's just my laptop, but when I click on the link I see the article but not the pictures of the 3 variants. When I click on it through my Nexus S4G it shows the article and big ad with all 3 variants. Just in case you ladies and gents can't see it through your monitor either then just know the Sprint version looks almost as identical to the UK version. Minus the big button in the middle. A little more rounded on the edges. Same with the At&t version. Theirs is a little more boxy like the UK version. We all know the T-Mo version has a slightly bigger screen and it looks like a bigger and thinner Nexus S. Oh, and in the ad it still shows the 9/9 on it. So I guess we can confirm the date? I think so. That was Sprint's version in the US teaser at the end.

Upvote 0
Finally revealed. No Verizon. They look good Samsung Galaxy S II variants for AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile revealed | PhoneDog

Update: Idk if it's just my laptop, but when I click on the link I see the article but not the pictures of the 3 variants. When I click on it through my Nexus S4G it shows the article and big ad with all 3 variants. Just in case you ladies and gents can't see it through your monitor either then just know the Sprint version looks almost as identical to the UK version. Minus the big button in the middle. A little more rounded on the edges. Same with the At&t version. Theirs is a little more boxy like the UK version. We all know the T-Mo version has a slightly bigger screen and it looks like a bigger and thinner Nexus S. Oh, and in the ad it still shows the 9/9 on it. So I guess we can confirm the date? I think so. That was Sprint's version in the US teaser at the end.

Yes! Now all we need is for a confirmed Exynos!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones