• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Won't boot. just a few secs of red light then off, repeats over and over

Hey, I am having pretty much the same issue. It all started after I sucesfully rooted the htc evo v 4g/3D and then stupidly whilst in the clockwork program, agreed to let it flash it's recovery.img, and now I can not boot, can't get into bootloder, no fastboot option, just red ligt for a second or two then off, red light, off, red light, off.

I am trying to find the STOCK RUU nut to no avail. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

Hey, I am having pretty much the same issue. It all started after I sucesfully rooted the htc evo v 4g/3D and then stupidly whilst in the clockwork program, agreed to let it flash it's recovery.img, and now I can not boot, can't get into bootloder, no fastboot option, just red ligt for a second or two then off, red light, off, red light, off.

Words of advice....stay away from Rom manager and CWM :D

Upvote 0

I would recommend TWRP 2.2+ to flash recovery
if you like touch screen without using buttons.
TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.3 - | TeamWin

Wouldn't hurt to redo flashing on ADB.

Upvote 0
I had a very similar issue a couple months back. Even went as far as trying to RMA it, but when I put my battery in the new phone, it did the same thing. Turns out my battery bit it. New battery in old phone amd still rolling with the ROM I had put on that I though had destroyed my phone. If you can get hold of a known good battery, might want to give that a shot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones