• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Won't turn on anymore (Galaxy S2 GT-i9003)

GamerMartin

Lurker
Sep 15, 2012
Hello everybody! I am new here and if i posted this thread to the wrong place, i am really sorry. So, my problem is that i wanted to update my phone to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with this tutorial.
I pressed Volum Down + Home Key + Power, then came up "Downloading" screen. I connected my phone and PC and pressed 'Start' in Odin. It seemed that it is doing something but it said "Success 0/Fail 1" So i unplugged my phone and tried again. And it said that it is analyzing something and connection thing. Then i left my computer to work for whole night with my phone connected to it (I thought it was loading). In morning it was all the same. So i turned my phone off, then tried to turn it on again, but just black screen, it won't turn on. Can i do something? Can someone please help me? :(

Thanks,
Martin.

Hello everybody! I am new here and if i posted this thread to the wrong place, i am really sorry. So, my problem is that i wanted to update my phone to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with this tutorial.
I pressed Volum Down + Home Key + Power, then came up "Downloading" screen. I connected my phone and PC and pressed 'Start' in Odin. It seemed that it is doing something but it said "Success 0/Fail 1" So i unplugged my phone and tried again. And it said that it is analyzing something and connection thing. Then i left my computer to work for whole night with my phone connected to it (I thought it was loading). In morning it was all the same. So i turned my phone off, then tried to turn it on again, but just black screen, it won't turn on. Can i do something? Can someone please help me? :(

Thanks,
Martin.

Hi Martin and welcome to the forums. :)

From what I can find for your model number, your phone is the Galaxy SL, so I've moved to that All Things Root forum. IF you know it is a different model let me know and I will move again.

From what I've read, your phone has different hardware than the Galaxy S2. It looks like the rom you flashed is for the Galaxy I9100, which is the Galaxy S2 International. I'm sorry to say you may have bricked your phone by flashing the wrong rom.

Try pulling out your battery and leave it for a minute. Start Odin, plug your battery in and hold down the keys to go to download mode, then plug the USB into your phone.

Does it go to download mode? Does the com port in Odin turn yellow like this?

Odin.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! I took battery out, puted it in after few minutes, pressed Volume Down+Power+Home keys, nothing happend. But yesterday when i plugged my phone to computer, odin showed me this yellow bar like in the picture. Have you got any more ideas? Is my phone broken?

If Odin won't work, I'm sorry but I think your phone will work no more because of the wrong rom. Does it do anything when you try to turn it on? Which country are you in?

Upvote 0
I'm sorry Martin but I think it is dead. If you know someone with an LG phone, you can try using their USB cable. I was reading yesterday that for some reason that can help get to download mode.

You can go to SamMobile Firmware page and download the stock firmware for your phone. In the search bar near the top right, type in GT-I9003, then download the firmware for your country. That's if you can get to download mode.

You can try mobiletechvideos. They can fix your phone with their JTAG service. I don't know how much the international shipping would be.

Reactions: GamerMartin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones