• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

World Series 2023

Don't forget the steroid exposure turned a lot of people off when they learned these top athletes were on steroids. I went to a Cubs game and had seats behind the Cardinals dugout. Mark McGuire came out of the dugout and the first thing I thought was Holy Shit his arms are as big as my legs. Remember Roger Clemens claiming he never used steroids, but the guy who injected him claimed he was. Alex Rodriguez got caught twice.
Cheating has always been a blackmark on sports. I don't know that enhancement drugs ruined baseball's apple pie image but it certainly knocked some stars off the hero list. I've been trying to come up with a reason baseball has fallen out of the lime light. It must be a lot of things about the game and not one glaring reason. Maybe it's just a general change in people and what they like. Why is football so popular now? Maybe faster action and more physical is the calling card. I like both sports for what they are. I'm not a thirty year old viewer though.

Growing up in the early 70s, baseball was my game. Lived it, breathed it, watching it daily, keeping track of standings, stats, players and also played on little leagues for years, then into high school. Played LF for years. Then played in softball leagues up until I was 50.
Which was 2012...
Since then I've lost interest in my sport.
All of them, really.
Maybe I'm just getting old or maybe life has changed my mind set.
But yeah, baseball is not as popular as it used to be.

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones