• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

World Series 2023

The bottom of the 9th should have started off with a walk. The Ump behind the plate really blew that call. The ball was way outside and the UMP called it a strike, Total horse merde
I totally agree. It was a terrible call. It could have effected the outcome of the game. We'll never know.
I hate bad calls!

Reactions: AugieTN
I'll be watching....
FB_IMG_1698797822238.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
That's sad. I get it though. Baseball is not THE game anymore. I have no idea how or just when it fell from the top spot of sports. When I was a young man working construction, baseball was always a topic discussed.. especially this time of year. By the time I retired, 55 years later, it was never discussed.
It didn't even have any traction when the regionally close Royals were in the series. Somewhere along the way the game fell out of favor. During that same duration of time, football gained popularity.

It's easy to understand why they are trying to change the game. Revenue

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Don't forget the steroid exposure turned a lot of people off when they learned these top athletes were on steroids. I went to a Cubs game and had seats behind the Cardinals dugout. Mark McGuire came out of the dugout and the first thing I thought was Holy Shit his arms are as big as my legs. Remember Roger Clemens claiming he never used steroids, but the guy who injected him claimed he was. Alex Rodriguez got caught twice.

The sad part is so many athletes that use steroids die young because the steroids also enlarge their heart.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones