• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WORST phone ever!

:eek: I JUST NOTICED THAT...

Sh1t. Not noticed it before, but that's going to bug me now.

Thanks.

Bit like the rattle you never knew you had on the car until someone gets in it and says "what's that noise?". Then you spend the weekend ripping the dash out to try and find it only to find it's a 10p piece rolling around under the back seat.

Anyway, I don't care. I still love the phone almost as much as the wife and kids.
Maybe more than the wife come to that.

Upvote 0
The Desire is obsolete. Mine is pretty, has decent phone reception, and since my cell provider pushed the 2.2 upgrade down its throat, incapable of staying operational more than about an hour without a battery pull (shades of Blackberry). Of course, an hour is roughly half the battery life anyway...

No reputable cell company should be selling this phone. Wait -- there is no such thing as a "reputable cell company," is there? As far as the contract period, I'm about to drive 20 miles into town & pay up to get a phone that works reliably & I'm afraid at this point in its product life cycle, that does not include anything running Android.

im sorry what?
your cell company broke your phone. its not the phones fault

my phone is extremely reliable, looks nice, plays nice and has over 24hrs battery to boot.
you got a dud, these things happen

stick to a complaining thread. this is a praise thread

Upvote 0
Best phone ever.......although after all this time, it still bugs me that the letters on the menu button are all lower case except for the "e". Seriously. What is up with that?!

Can't believe I never spotted that. I use it at least 2 - 3 hours a day on the commute and then for a bit of browsing in the evening. In all that time never picked it up!

Upvote 0
oi!!! its not my fault your noticing the E...you bastards it was bunnisher....blame him!!! lol

Ahhhhh...... I fEEl so much bEttEr knowing I am no longEr thE only onE who is bEing irkEd by this! I'm one of those annoying people who spots continuity errors in films and I'm also a stickler for proper punctuation/grammar where it should be. I probably should have posted about it in a complaint thread! Lol

Incidently, *her. ;) :D

Upvote 0
Ahhhhh...... I fEEl so much bEttEr knowing I am no longEr thE only onE who is bEing irkEd by this! I'm one of those annoying people who spots continuity errors in films and I'm also a stickler for proper punctuation/grammar where it should be. I probably should have posted about it in a complaint thread! Lol

Incidently, *her. ;) :D

Damn you, you've now successfully ruined perfection :p

Upvote 0
Best phone ever.......although after all this time, it still bugs me that the letters on the menu button are all lower case except for the "e". Seriously. What is up with that?!
OCD much?

Now why would HTC do that?

Perhaps it was a subtle recruitment tactic to find that 1 in a million person to be there* new quality control manager. Like that movie where the autistic kid cracks the impossible code in a kid's puzzle book deliberately left in there by the CIA. They hunt him down. Looking for a job, Bunnisher?

*did you spot that?

Upvote 0
I think getting the Desire was the best decision I ever made. I love the whole google maps, mail, calendar and cloud stuff it's just so damn useful. I don't know how I lived without it. The only thing that annoyed me a bit was lack of storage, but that was soon sorted once I rooted it.

All in all the best most useful gadget I ever bought. My next phone will need to be very special and have hologram, teleportation and be able to clean dirty nappys before I upgrade. :)

Upvote 0
the space issue you mention. do you mean phone memory for running apps?
if so does rooting help that?
Yep. Rooting allows you to enable App2sd+ which (to my layman's understanding) tricks the phone into treating a large chunk of SD card space as internal phone memory.

So, rather than 150mb or so of internal memory you now have 512mb - 1gb. It's the main reason I rooted.

Upvote 0
right cool. that is a very good reason to root then. have you noticed less force close issues
since doing it?
I really want the screen capture too
Bear in mind that I only rooted a 3 days ago so I'm new to all this myself.

Rooting itself didn't give me any FC issues but the 2 ROMs I tried did (initially at least). However, it was so minor and only affected 1 or 2 apps that it was hardly an inconvenience at all and I think the problem is close to disappearing.

Upvote 0
Had mine a year and still trying to get a homescreen theme i can settle on.

At least (whether good or bad) there doesn't seem to be a clear sucessor to the phone so in a about 8 months time when my upgrade arrives hopefully something will have been released.

But the downside still of having the Desire, it's going to take one hell of a phone to be a properly full upgrade.

Reactions: amit_eighty8
Upvote 0
Had mine a year and still trying to get a homescreen theme i can settle on.

At least (whether good or bad) there doesn't seem to be a clear sucessor to the phone so in a about 8 months time when my upgrade arrives hopefully something will have been released.

But the downside still of having the Desire, it's going to take one hell of a phone to be a properly full upgrade.

well i think thats the best part of this phone..u continue to have new phone(look) in your hand each day!!!!:rolleyes::D:p

Upvote 0
OCD much?

Now why would HTC do that?

Perhaps it was a subtle recruitment tactic to find that 1 in a million person to be there* new quality control manager. Like that movie where the autistic kid cracks the impossible code in a kid's puzzle book deliberately left in there by the CIA. They hunt him down. Looking for a job, Bunnisher?

*did you spot that?

I'm wondering if it's something to do with hTc's capitalisation.
Note the phone name is hTc and not htc....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones