• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root worth root just to freeze bloat?

ive read through all the tutorials and successfully rooted my phone. my question is do you guys think its worth even if all i do is use titanium to freeze the bloat. i guess im kind of nervous about flashing roms and kernels and all that. i really need my 4g and my google maps gps and dont wanna mess around and lose any of that.

ive read through all the tutorials and successfully rooted my phone. my question is do you guys think its worth even if all i do is use titanium to freeze the bloat. i guess im kind of nervous about flashing roms and kernels and all that. i really need my 4g and my google maps gps and dont wanna mess around and lose any of that.

It is worth it just to remove the bloat and use free wifi.

As far as flashing, if you stick with a Sense rom(Mikfroyo, Myns, Koni, Kings) they all have everything working and are very stable so you won't take a chance on losing anything with them. There are AOSP roms out that are a little more to maintain and get working but those things work on those also. We are here to help, so if you have any issues or questions, feel free to ask. BTW, Congrats on rooting!

Reactions: youdoofus
Upvote 0
Just be warned though......it is the first step in a new addiction :)

Lol, couldn't have said it better...rooting is like "a gateway drug" you start out saying "I will never do it (root)", then you see everyone else do it and you say "well maybe, just to freeze the bloatware" then you see everyone using custom roms/kernels and you say "well maybe just this once...." then before you know it you are a full blown flash addict!

Reactions: ardchoille
Upvote 0
I rooted just to get rid of bloatware that kept respawning even after I stabbed it in the heart with my virtual knife. I ran the stock rom rooted for quite awhile, just recently flashed CM7. I am still working out the details getting it setup the way I want. I do know one thing, I like AOSP roms better than sense based ones. I can't exactly put my finger on why but the AOSP just seems to feel right. Rooting is worth it simply for the customization it opens up.
And yes it can get a little addicting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones