• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you buy your Nexus again or get the Incredible?

1. INM not so HO, I do not find your interests in N1 sincere. One could say, and from the reactions to your posts and history that you have an agenga. I always do research before I commit on a purchase. What "I" don't do is to come on forums making posts nick picking, pointing out any flaw I can find and call it "because I'm doing research so that I may purchase it."

2. Which IMO should be a limiting factor in some of your comments regarding the N1. How you word your posts reflects as though it's coming from an actual user. Owning or at least using an N1 for a while would give you more credibility to the type of comments you post and would garner less negative reactions.

3. This issue does not affect the market at all. Unlike you, some of us like to have more robust, quality applications than games. The form factor severely limits it's use as a "game machine" anyway. Get a PSP or DS for that. I don't wan't Android to be know as a gaming OS. That would surely kill Android just like what happened to the Amiga (AmigaOS), Commodore's gaffs non withstanding.
1. Well that's nice, go back to around February or earlier and read my comments--I believed I defended the "cracked screen" issue until I found multiple accounts from different users and an article--one which Phandroid also posted.

2. I'm sorry, but whether it's coming from me, or someone who actually solved "2 + 2" it'll equal "4" no matter how you spin it.

3. A more robust quality application that can't be developed with a superior touch screen sensor? Are we living in some reverse world where having better, working, functioning hardware is somehow a negative thing? You can't have even most robust quality applications with the maXTouch sensor over the Clearpad2000? Where is the logic in that? Please do tell.

"I would think I know a bit about the OS"

Sorry I had to quote it again. :p

That would be like me saying, I know a bit about Linux or say Subaru engines and then go on their forums to give out advice and knowledge just because I "read" about them!:)

Sorry, that was a smack+down+global=FAIL on you part, sir.:D
No, actually you fail in reading comprehension. I've USED the Droid and Droid Eris (I have 4 Droids on my plan and have access to two of them every day). Knowledge about a consumer-friendly OS and Linux is black and white; if you don't know that then you've already shown that you know nothing in terms of understanding the two OSes.

To stay on topic. I would stay with the N1 because the Incredible is just an incremental improvement. Having a better touch sensor screen and 8mp camera is not enough to make me switch. I'm waiting for the next generation Android (hopefully Google) phones that will have the 1.5Ghz QSD8672 chipset later in the year.

If I never had an N1, I would get an Incredible only if it was GSM.

I'll never get ANY phone using CDMA.:rolleyes:

I'll never use Verizon as a carrier. :p I never like them since their Bell Atlantic days.
So you're bias, who would have guessed. But you're right, if you've already sunk money into the N1, it's not worth it to make the switch. I hope the CDMA version of the N1 gets the maXTouch sensor--which would make sense because it's been delayed and we haven't heard much from it.

Upvote 0
I hope the CDMA version of the N1 gets the maXTouch sensor--which would make sense because it's been delayed and we haven't heard much from it.

Very unlikely, inputing new monitor/screen for the maXTouch sensor would mean an overhaul of that production process. If you want the maxTouch sensor on your phone, then get the Incredible :p

Upvote 0
I can't see why the CDMA Nexus One would be delayed and news around it suddenly got quiet otherwise.

Conspiracy theory...or just the rumour mill that has been going around for awhile, lol, but the delay in the release of the CDMA Nexus One is because Verizon wants to get the Droid Incredible release/sold first since both the phones are VERY similar. This makes a lot of sense in my book :D

Upvote 0
Conspiracy theory...or just the rumour mill that has been going around for awhile, lol, but the delay in the release of the CDMA Nexus One is because Verizon wants to get the Droid Incredible release/sold first since both the phones are VERY similar. This makes a lot of sense in my book :D
But that doesn't change the fact that the phone isn't out on Sprint either.
Qraftee... You have won an all expense paid trip to my killfile.
Another person who is unable to back up his argument with facts and evidence... surprise, surprise.

Upvote 0
At the end of the day, you can read as many reviews and watch as many Youtube videos as you like - but nothing beats getting the feel for a device in your own hands.

@Qraftee. Yes, these "issues" can exist technically speaking. However what I will repeat is that in practise (for me) most of them do not become an issue.

I have never had a problem with multi-touch or the tracking on crossing axis. I also play a few of the more advanced games on my N1 and again practically they seem OK (except for the fact that I don't like the lack of feedback from touch screen buttons on any phone).

My advice to you would be to get hold of the phone and post from experience. It will not only actually give you the answers that you say you want, but also gain some respect from people on the forum who have started to turn against you.

Reactions: QrafTee
Upvote 0
At the end of the day, you can read as many reviews and watch as many Youtube videos as you like - but nothing beats getting the feel for a device in your own hands.

@Qraftee. Yes, these "issues" can exist technically speaking. However what I will repeat is that in practise (for me) most of them do not become an issue.

I have never had a problem with multi-touch or the tracking on crossing axis. I also play a few of the more advanced games on my N1 and again practically they seem OK (except for the fact that I don't like the lack of feedback from touch screen buttons on any phone).

My advice to you would be to get hold of the phone and post from experience. It will not only actually give you the answers that you say you want, but also gain some respect from people on the forum who have started to turn against you.
Well I'll be honest, I don't really need respect from a bunch of sheep turning a blind eye to a fault of their device just because they own it and have to justify the purchase to themselves (reminds me of iPhone fanboys, another group I'm not so fond of)

And no, I don't mean you; but the ones who "turned against me" are these people. See at least you recognize there is a fault with the device, but it doesn't affect you--I can respect that argument.

And I never said it wasn't a very usable phone because it is.

Upvote 0
Well I'll be honest, I don't really need respect from a bunch of sheep turning a blind eye to a fault of their device just because they own it and have to justify the purchase to themselves (reminds me of iPhone fanboys, another group I'm not so fond of)

And no, I don't mean you; but the ones who "turned against me" are these people. See at least you recognize there is a fault with the device, but it doesn't affect you--I can respect that argument.

And I never said it wasn't a very usable phone because it is.

Fair do's. I hope you get the info you want and make the right choice for you.

By the way. Anyone with a Desire or used a Desire... What about the hardware buttons on the base of the phone, seem very low and look like they would be uncomfortable to use one handed?

Upvote 0
Well, for any phone that has ever been released, there's always some fault with it. No technology is ever perfect, especially with smart phones, since it

Upvote 0
I'm glad you clicked the third or fourth link, but the first and second didn't include "drops," I believe.

Uhhh... Really? You believe that there is no one out there that would lie to get a new phone and make stuff up about there phone because they were idiots who dropped there phone and knew they would not get a new one if they admitted that? You sir, are not all there. Enjoy your Incredible and let me know when your issues start. Or if you would, wait for a few months and let others do the testing and then you will be stuck with the same phone you now have. We all know that there are going to be issues with the incredible and if you think there wont be, I challenge you to give it the same amount of time you have given the N1 to see what issues are there on that phone. I lay $$$$ that you will see the same type of response to the Incredible as to the N1 in terms of issues! But hey, what do I know, I just own the N1 and have had NO issues since day one.

Upvote 0
Speaking of which... what does this mean for the Sprint version?

Don't know, lol, it's basically a waiting game for the Sprint people who want the N1 and they'll have to wait until Google announces something...hopefully next month @ the Google convention

I'm just happy that the N1 came to Canada :D I would say 'I don't care' but...I kind of feel for the people on Verizon/Sprint that are waiting for their versions of the N1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones