• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wow, the Edge is surprisingly cool.

LMAO -> Note 4 Edgeless lol
I am so much going to steal that phrase.

Well at least you tried download booster, I never tried it on my Note 4.
anyway, I was told that those missing toggles/buttons can be found in the settings, but I looked around and I only found the a few.
NotificationToggles.png

I guess one can create a shortcut to the Download booster if they use Nova launcher by
tapping and holding on the home screen, tap shortcuts–activities –settings–download booster.
As well as for some of the other missing settings (providing you know the setting name).
There is another way of adding these missing toggles by way of an xda thread, but I'm not going to bother going that route if I can do it via Nova.

TS out

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
LMAO -> Note 4 Edgeless lol
I am so much going to steal that phrase.

Well at least you tried download booster, I never tried it on my Note 4.
anyway, I was told that those missing toggles/buttons can be found in the settings, but I looked around and I only found the a few.
NotificationToggles.png

I guess one can create a shortcut to the Download booster if they use Nova launcher by
tapping and holding on the home screen, tap shortcuts–activities –settings–download booster.
As well as for some of the other missing settings (providing you know the setting name).
There is another way of adding these missing toggles by way of an xda thread, but I'm not going to bother going that route if I can do it via Nova.

TS out

ts...Try Widgetsoid. I've been using it since the Photon. You can create a notification toggle and customize it to look exactly the same color scheme as the Samsung one. Granted, it's not a scrolling notification bar, but I love it and have one created for my Note 3 and Note 8. Best part is, you can also save the settings, and when moving to a new phone, you will be able to just re-generate the notification toggle without much additional work (assuming one copies the backup files to the new phone).

ps...I really don't like the new layout of these forums and really wish they'd bring back vBulletin.

Upvote 0
The following toggle are missing
Mobile Hotspot
Mobile Data,
S Beam,
Airview,
Air Gesture,
hands Free Mode,
Network restriction,
Smart network,
Download Booster, and
Reading Mode.

I was told that all of these toggles are available elsewhere in the settings as settings but not as a toggle.
i just find it easier to have all in one place, but eh I am not going to sweat it.
Of all those that are missing, The Mobile Hotspot, hands free Mode and Reading mode might be the ones that i would use.

TS
Aren't Car Mode and Hands Free Mode the same thing anyway?

Upvote 0
HUZZAH! I had been calling around to my local stores today and found one that had one black Note Edge in stock. Since Verizon is STILL shuffling their feet, arrivederci! So, I am beyond ecstatic and have spent most of the day tinkering, researching cases, and setting things up.

Now, since Verizon has lost my business, I am going to kick back and watch their business crumble--all because of me.

( Yes, I know that isnt going to happen, but my dream feels good anyway ;) )
Congratulations on the new phone. :cool:
Since you gave VZW the Heave-Ho,who is your service provider?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones