• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X freezing / rebooting randomly

frenetic

Lurker
Jul 20, 2010
Seems to be getting more frequent. At first it was just freezing and would sometimes return to a usable state while I was listening to music. In the past couple of days it has begun freezing completely when using gtalk or other messaging applications when I would go to enter text. Voice to Text hangs and then force close, but everything else freezes up. I hold down the power button and feel the vibration when the screen to choose what option comes up, but nothing on the screen changes. A minute later, it reboots. I haven't had to do a battery pull yet.

Droid is rooted and I have removed maybe 3 apps... I can't pinpoint an installation of something that maybe caused this to start. Anyone with similar issues? Any fix? Should I just try and swap it out? I have the newest update...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones