1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Xiaomi Mi6 switches itself off automatically after replacing the battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kariolmax, Jul 3, 2020.

1. kariolmax

kariolmax Lurker

Hello,
    I conducted a battery replacement on my friend's Mi6'tce. I ordered a new (original) copy from a leading store in Poland, production date 10.2019. Initial tests after replacement (I used the TestM application) were passed 100% correctly, including the correct charging current on QuickCharge. Unfortunately, on the second day I got information that the phone goes crazy in terms of battery indications - it shows the given % for several to several dozen minutes and then turns itself off. Trying to start even after 5 minutes does not help, only after connecting (even for a few seconds) to charging, the phone gets up. The situation has not changed despite the passage of the week - I know that the battery must "catch the statistics", but unfortunately it did not help.

I would be very grateful for tips on how to solve this problem, I have some experience in similar repairs, but I honestly do not know what could be the cause. Maybe I can force calibration manually?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

could be a bad battery, even if new. i would get an oem battery rather then a 3rd party one. also maybe try a factory reset and see if that helps before trying another battery.

Xiaomi MI6 Forum

The Xiaomi MI6 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.15" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 3350mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews