• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Xoom Won't Power On After Canceling Unlock Hope I Didn't Brick

TADitto

Jul 16, 2011
PHX AZ
Ok so here's my issue. I started the process of unlocking my xoom using the universal xoom rooting guide over on xda. I started the unlock process and got to the point were my xoom asked me if I wanted to continue and I hit the volume button that lets you cancel out I can't remember which one up or down right now. At that point my xoom started to reboot but never came back on. It exited out of that screen that gives you the warning about continuing or canceling and shut down but never rebooted and now it won't turn back on. I've tried holding the power and volume up at same time with no avail. I put it on the charger and made sure it was full charged and still won't power on. Please Help I Hope I didn't brick it.:(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones