• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help XT907 RazrM I never had a phone make me so happy!

Hello, I have an XT907 which came from Verizon Wireless. I no longer have a Verizon Wireless account and there isn't service to the phone any longer. Verizon keeps attempting to get me to register my old phone number along with their update so they can charge me data charges. I do not use it as a phone. I only use the Razr as an extension of my horrible Alcatel One Touch Evolve 5020 T which I have a pay as you go account with GoSmart Wireless. I do not have the resources to buy a different phone. I use the Mobile Hotspot and pair it with my Razr M and my Samsung Galaxy SM-217 Tablet. I love my Razr M and have found it easy to do everything on. It has 4G Lte capabilities but I have had these issues with it.
Yesterday morning, I woke up to find my long-haired Persian cat sleeping on top of my XT907. I found it overheated and allowed it to cool down slowly and attempted to boot because it was stuck on the boot screen, red eye. It wouldn't power down with the power button alone. I powered it off using the power button and volume button held in the center. Once it had turned off, it displayed the battery charging icon while power off, screen. I restarted it the usual way and it will not boot past the red eye boot screen. Another member had a situation sort of similar to mine with the exception that his had gotten wet and the phone was a Razor Maxx. He was told to remove the SD card and then power up first. Then he was instructed to replace the SD card and do a reboot. Is this a possible solution for either of us? If not, can you help me get this phone rebooted. Please tell me whether or not I should root this Razr M I love so much? Or do I need to move on to an endless search for a device which will nake me smile like the Razr M? This has been the only phone I have ever loved.
I also have an unusual snapping sound whenever the screen/display changes. This occurs since the latest software update. My son has shared the same experience when his phone software had updated.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

Last edited:
See if you can access the hidden menu (hold power, volume up and down buttons all at the same time (use 3 fingers not only the center of the volume button)) and then reboot. If that fails...
I don't know how technically inclined you are, but I would try removing the battery which, on these phones, requires disassembly.
If you disconnect the battery for a few minutes and it restarts after reassembly, make sure you use airplane mode (should rid you of the Verizon update prompts) and remember to put in on a nightstand where cats cannot use it as a conveninent heater.

Upvote 0
See if you can access the hidden menu (hold power, volume up and down buttons all at the same time (use 3 fingers not only the center of the volume button)) and then reboot. If that fails...
I don't know how technically inclined you are, but I would try removing the battery which, on these phones, requires disassembly.
If you disconnect the battery for a few minutes and it restarts after reassembly, make sure you use airplane mode (should rid you of the Verizon update prompts) and remember to put in on a nightstand where cats cannot use it as a conveninent heater.

Upvote 0
Joester, I am sorry I haven't answered your attempts to help me with my Razr M. I do not check in often enough and sometimes I miss my notices.
As far as disecting my Razr M, normally I am not too intimidated to open up a device. This Razr M is a little bit too ambitious for me. It isn't just a matter of unscrewing, prying and being careful with wires and static sensitive conponents that bothers me. It is taking the sticky emblem off that has me hesitating. I watched the demo online (you guess where) and the person giving the demo had already done the breakdown prior to the demo and he was still having issues with it!
What is the difference between unplugging the battery and allowing it to boot hang until the battery is drained? Sounds as though they have a capacitor that needs discharged before a complete reboot can happen.
I will give the three finiger solute to see if the hidden screen comes up. I am certain I will know it if and when it happens, but what is on the hidden screen?
I know it is next to no good the way it sits and I was still hoping I would either get it fixed professionally or someone would come up with a way to force boot past the red-eye screen...someday!
I am still crazy about the phone and it was stable until the big hairy beast tried to hatch it like an egg!
I will let you know if the hidden screen makes itself known to me and thank you so much for answering my post!

Upvote 0
It isn't technically bricked, it is operationally challenged! I can't get the phone to boot past the red-eye boot load screen since my 20 lb, angora-like cat used it for a heating pad. It overtempted and it hasn't been able to get past the snapdragon, red-eye boot screen since.
I may be waiting in vain but I am just not ready to part with it yet!
If I do give up, I will shoot you a message.
Have a great day!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones