• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo Mail Sync Problem

As you all have reported, for every email I sent, I received multiple of the same message in my sent box. To humor myself, I tried changing the outgoing settings from smtp.mail.yahoo.com to plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

No more duplicate messages!!!

Just for fun, I tried this and it will not connect with Yahoo.

@jraggio: make sure you are not on wifi with Yahoo IMAP, it has a problem going through wifi.

I checked my sent folder and the dupes started on the 15th of Nov. (had te phone since the 6th), but I dont remember sending much from the phone before that. I tried adding the "n" to the outgoing mail and sending a test page but it's still showinging duplicates in the sent folder.

I also just noticed since yesterday that my deleted mails (from the phone) are no longer held on the inbox but are moved to the trash folder.

Upvote 0
New Droid user here (almost 2 weeks) after switching from a BB Storm 1.

This is a major issue! I have emails in my Yahoo Sent folder duplicating 100's of times, including one that duplicated almost 1,000 times! :eek: All were sent from my Droid - some I forwarded and some I created.

I'm using IMAP and I've triple checked the settings.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Other than "Don't sent Yahoo emails from your Droid".

Upvote 0
Just finished clearing all the dupes from my Yahoo Sent folder . . . I now have 5,200+ emails in my Yahoo Trash folder.

Just an FYI - it was quicker for me to switch to Yahoo Mail Classic to delete these in mass of 200 at a time. I kept getting errors (all messages not loaded) when trying to delete in mass using Yahoo's All New Mail.

Upvote 0
Just finished clearing all the dupes from my Yahoo Sent folder . . . I now have 5,200+ emails in my Yahoo Trash folder.

Just an FYI - it was quicker for me to switch to Yahoo Mail Classic to delete these in mass of 200 at a time. I kept getting errors (all messages not loaded) when trying to delete in mass using Yahoo's All New Mail.

Hate to tell you, but you should check again. I found that after I deleted them they returned! Seems as though once a message was sent using the stock mail app it just keeps duplicating itself. I had much better luck with K9, but it had some issues too. So I ended up setting up my yahoo account to POP forward to gmail and I'm pretty happy so far. No everything funnels in through gmail. Now if the gmail app would only allow me to save attachments I'd be all set.

Upvote 0
Bump on this...

I just got my Motorola Droid Last week... I set-up my Yahoo Email connectivity via the IMAP process above... and I have the same problems with emails sent from my droid through Yahoomail as described above - notably:

• - Individual emails sent by the Droid through Yahoomail are appearing in my yahoo sent folder in yahoomail webmail 30-50 times
  • - Deleting the emails in the the yahoomail webmail sent box doesn't work.... they all reappear when the Droid resyncs with yahoo

Has anyone found a solution for this?

I am surprised this issue has lingered this long...

Funny, when I bought the phone, the Verizon counter rep said that it would not support my Yahoo mail account at all at the present time... I didn't believe her... I guess we were both right - it works, but it's certainly sloppy...:mad:

Upvote 0
Bump on this...

I just got my Motorola Droid Last week... I set-up my Yahoo Email connectivity via the IMAP process above... and I have the same problems with emails sent from my droid through Yahoomail as described above - notably:

• - Individual emails sent by the Droid through Yahoomail are appearing in my yahoo sent folder in yahoomail webmail 30-50 times
  • - Deleting the emails in the the yahoomail webmail sent box doesn't work.... they all reappear when the Droid resyncs with yahoo

Has anyone found a solution for this?

I am surprised this issue has lingered this long...

Funny, when I bought the phone, the Verizon counter rep said that it would not support my Yahoo mail account at all at the present time... I didn't believe her... I guess we were both right - it works, but it's certainly sloppy...:mad:

OK - after some more searching, it appears there is a new email client beta for Droid called 'MailDroid' that (e'hem) fixes the various yahoomail connectivity and sync issues...

It is available for download here:

https://slideme.org/application/maildroid-091-beta

I'm going to give it a try over the next couple days and will report back...

Upvote 0
OK - after some more searching, it appears there is a new email client beta for Droid called 'MailDroid' that (e'hem) fixes the various yahoomail connectivity and sync issues...

It is available for download here:

https://slideme.org/application/maildroid-091-beta

I'm going to give it a try over the next couple days and will report back...

Update... tried this beta... worked ok for about 8 hours... it's pretty basic (not much in the way of settings or configuration)...

However, this morning, the client would not sync with yahoomail... I got a notification that I had a new mail but when I opened the inbox on droid, none of the messages would load... they all loaded some sort of Java error debug info...

I submitted the error to the developer and uninstalled the client. Perhaps this may be an option down the line when they iron out all the bugs...

The quest continues... or maybe I'll bite the bullet and switch permanently to gmail... I've had my yahoo account for 15 years, but they are obviously morons if they think people will keep the service with no wireless connectivity... (sorry if they can't figure out get the ads to display...) It's the move of a company whose lost it's focus and business sense.

Upvote 0
I have 3 att/yahoo accounts. I have had a blackberry pulling mail for many years. Switched to the HTC about a month ago.

Here's the problem. 2 of the 3 accounts work great - no issues.
The third one is the account from H... it is also the one I am using the most right now, getting hundreds of emails a day.

AT&T has passed it to Yahoo who has escalated it multiple times and has been working on it for about 3 weeks and they call every few days to say they are working on it.

Here are the problems.

I use the ATT webmail to read and store my email for this account. I do not use Outlook with this account.

My emails are coming in 3 to 5 times in this one account. It began shortly about the time I puchased the HTC.

Second, I can't sign in unless I put the HTC on airplane mode.

Third - I can't send. It hangs up trying to send until I put the phone in airplace mode.

Am I the only one or are others having similar issues.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones