• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You know what, I stand behind the Galaxy S

RichieHD

Jun 8, 2010
New York City
To the detractors, yes- it has it's flaws. Every piece of technology has flaws. No one or thing is perfect. Some of our phones lag, some of our phones have wonky GPS's. Guess what? The iPeople have flawed devices too. I had a BB and it had flaws too. Life is too short to go crazy. I'm an android nut who wants a working GPS, yes, but Samsung has made a damn good product. I stand behind my choice of the Vibrant and would recommend it to others.

Anyone else with me?

I like it and it's the best phone I've owned as well despite its flaws, which Samsung needs to fix.

I can't say I "stand by it" or anything like that. It isn't my wife, my son, my mom or any of my good friends. It is a piece of merchandise that I paid $200 for and signed a 2 year contract to own. The manufacturers have a responsibility to the consumers to fix it. I'm not sure what it is about that concept that some people do not seem to understand.

No disrespect intended to any of the posters in this thread.

Upvote 0
If the GPS would work on this thing, & there was a LITTLE less lag (I don't think mine lags as much as some peoples' because I don't really think mine needs a "fix") this would be my perfect phone & I wouldn't give it up anytime soon. Oh...I do kinda wish they would've added a flash. I love night mode, but there are just some settings where it's just not enough.

Upvote 0
Great phone, won't lie. I has great features. But how do you feel about Samsung not supporting it's devices fully? All Samsung news seems to be about the Tab lately.

I think Samsung has really dropped the ball on this one. This phone was supposed to be huge for them...the first phone to be released on all four major U.S. carries at the same time, and already in many other countries.

I wouldn't be quite as bugged by it all if they'd be more straightforward about both the lag and GPS matters.

Upvote 0
I think Samsung has really dropped the ball on this one. This phone was supposed to be huge for them...the first phone to be released on all four major U.S. carries at the same time, and already in many other countries.

I wouldn't be quite as bugged by it all if they'd be more straightforward about both the lag and GPS matters.

Exactly, they knew about the issues when it was released in the UK, the told customers over there that there was a fix, but it was/hasn't never released. Now here we are with the same issues and we just get "It's coming". We get that, but when? I had a thought that maybe T-Mobile was sitting on the fix to see how ATT's did and fix it and then send it out, but the more days go by without any word from either party, the more it seems as though we won't see a fix and Samsung is just screwing us. It might be more so Sammy's fault for no fixes, but why is it so Hush Hush. Just tell us that we can expect to come, months, not years from now.

The other sad fact is that, Samsung has sold a million+ GS phones and with this kind of support for their phones, what does that say about their tab they are releasing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones