• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Youtube connection error on mobile

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Hello everybody, I've got a problem since a few days and I can't find any solution so I thought someone here could help me.
I have a Samsung galaxy gt-i5801 with android and since a few days when I try to open the Youtube application a blue message show up "com.google.android.youtoube.googlemobile.masfr.ConnectionException: 404" and anywhere i click on youtube (like on my YT account, or on the search field) this message shows up and I can't use the application so I have to exit it.
I completely reset my phone thinking it would help but it didn't. There isn't any problem with my internet connection, the wifi works perfectly for all the other applications except for Youtube.
I'm so desperate !
Can someone please help me ? :'(

A 404 error means that the page you're trying to get to doesn't exist. Since that's obviously not true, and since your post suggests that English isn't your first language, I suspect that your carrier (or your government, through your carrier) is blocking Youtube on cellphones. If you try to get to Youtube using the web browser on your phone, and with data, not wifi, I suspect you'll get the same error. I also suspect that if you disable data on your phone and use wifi, the Youtube app will work.

And I suspect that in not too long a time, you won't be able to get to Youtube on wifi either - phone or computer.

Upvote 0
(thanks for your replies :))

I can't uninstall/reinstall Youtube because the application was already settled in the phone since the beginning.
When I try without an internet connection there's a message telling that there is no internet connection and to try again later. :(

How did you know that english wasn't my first language? :(:(
I live in france so it's impossible that the gouvernment or the carrier is blocking it, they have no advantage on doing that. What do you mean by disabling data on my phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones