• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Z4Root Question

An UrgeTo Dance

The Hero of the Winds
Jul 22, 2010
Okay I have been thinking about rooting my phone ever since i got it, the Evo is my first Android phone so I'm kinda new to all of this. When Z4Root came out I thought about using it but then noticed that it did not work on NAND devices. The reason I have not rooted is because of the warranty stuff. So I have a few questions I need to ask. I see that with Z4root they have added an option for temporary root which will work on NAND devices, if I do use this will they be able to tell my phone was rooted after a restart, will the temporary root allow me to use apps such as wireless tether for root users, if I root and have insurance on my phone will they not acknowledge the insurance since it is rooted, and if I unroot the phone by restarting will the warranty still be acknowledged.

you are either rooted..or not

it confuses people to refer to it any other way.

1. root your device and keep it that way until you

2. unroot it when you want to do whatever it is you are trying to do unrooted.

3. reroot when you are done with #2

Assume that you will loose everything, all customization and apps etc when you unroot. BACKUP EVERYTHING...FREQUENTLY..not just when something goes wrong

Also keep in mind that while at say service and repair they may upgrade your software etc making it more difficult to reroot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones