• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Download Rom Manager from the market, use that to flash your recover image, then you can back up and flash from there or booting into recovery which is what I prefer ;)

after I use z4root to root my hero, how do I go

about installing a recovery image and a custom rom? thanks

Upvote 0
This is probably a dumb question. I also used Z4Root, but when I try to flash the ClockworkMod recovery image in ROM Manager is keeps giving me an error.

Do I have to download the actual recovery image to the microSD card for ClockworkMod recovery myself? I was under the impression that ROM Manager did that for you. If I flash the alternate recovery, do I have to download that myself? Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0
NO SOUP FOR JAYHAWKS!

Try Flashing Clockwork recovery In ROM manager - If it fails.
Go to the bottom Flash alternate recovery.

HECTIC.....you know this man.... When you flash a recovery is is hardwired into your phone.
If it is flashed You Got it!

I know that, yes. What I meant was do I need the recovery image file on my microSD card BEFORE I flash it for it to flash? :thinking:

I was under the impression that ROM Manager had the recovery images self contained. I know that once the recovery image is flashed it is wired into the handset. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones