• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Zenwatch 2 Not letting me read texts

I assume this is an issue plaguing all wearables - But I get the text notification but swiping up, clicking on the message - does nothing - The only options are to discard or block the app - I cannot read the content of the message - kinda useless-any ideas?

Depends on android waer support for the messaging app you are using. Example, HTC messaging app does not work with wearables, but hangouts/google messenger, samsung messenger does

Reactions: exninja
Upvote 0
I have Nexus 5X with Zenwatch 2. Messages show up, i can swipe left to cancel the notification, right to read the convo, right again to reply, then open on phone. Using stock Messenger app.

Exactly, google messenger, and hangouts work perfectly. Samsungs message app also works fine (on wifes phone), however, HTC stock mesage app does not work on android wear. You can see the message, open on phone, or block app only. It's the only reason I stopped using the stock message app (i refuse to use vzw message+ crapware)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones