1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Zoom but no re-wrapping

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mkb, May 15, 2010.

1. mkb

mkb Member

May 15, 2010
    Hi. I'm a newbie Desire user so apols if I've missed something! When I use the default web browser I can pinch to zoom in to the text but it doesn't rewrap at all - I thought it should. ie if I zoom in I then have to pan left/right to read it! ta M

Advertisement

2. wisewood

wisewood Active Member

May 3, 2010
    Well i've just tried it on BBC SPORT and its wrapping it for me with pinch-to-zoom, and with double tap to zoom.

Does it do it on all webpages? and are you using the standard browser or another app?

3. simon1

simon1 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Looks like it depends on whether the website recognises that you are on a mobile device or not. The Beeb's loads a mobile version of their site, but some others don't so it zooms and then you need to pan around.

4. mkb

mkb Member

May 15, 2010

if I go to BBC Sport and then the main (Chelsea win the FA Cup) page then pinch to zoom all the words do get bigger BUT there is no wrapping at all.

I am using the default browser as far as I am aware (not sure hot to check - not seen an 'About...' menu item!)

5. mkb

mkb Member

May 15, 2010
    and yes on all web pages that I have tried

6. mkb

mkb Member

May 15, 2010
    if somebody wants to choose another page where the wrapping *definitely* works then I'm happy to try that too :)

7. wisewood

wisewood Active Member

May 3, 2010
    you can change the settings to prevent the websites being displayed as a mobile version.

HTC Desire - Android Forums (first visit from my phone) is wrapping when pinch-zooming.

My internet settings are as follows;
    Everything is ticked except landscape-only display.
    Default zoom medium.
    text size normal

8. mkb

mkb Member

May 15, 2010

When I visit there and pinch/zoom to double-tap/zoom it does NOT wrap for me (same settings)

I do a 'reset to default' and now if I double-click it does wrap BUT if i pinch/zoom it doesn't

9. HTC_Desire

HTC_Desire Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Easy test - just hit up google's mobile page, and hit NEWS and then try it. That works fine for me with pinch zoom.

10. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    TBH, such is the resolution of the screen, I can read most websites in landscape without zooming in at all :D

11. @ndrew

@ndrew Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    In settings do you have "enable mobile view" checked?

12. asdfgtt

asdfgtt New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    It works. Pin to Zoom obviously zoom but double tapping text wrap.

13. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Pinch to zoom does not rewrap for me anywhere ,double tap does ,but sometimes not centred.so have to correct position manually.

14. flashsam

flashsam Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Leeds, UK
    Are you on Orange?

They seem to have disabled the pinch to zoom re-flow functionality. You can only get the text to wrap if you double tap to zoom.

15. Check the settings (Menu | More | Settings | User Agent) and make sure it is on Android.

Not sure if it will help, but it can't hurt to check

16. samunique500

samunique500 Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Menu---> more--->settings--->Auto-fit pages. Make sure this option is checked.

Tags: