• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zte zmax pro appreciation

I appreciate it as the worst phone I've ever had. My husband's LG phone broke and he's currently using his old ZMAX, and I'm jelly bcuz it runs far better than my ZMAX PRO ever did.

We're currently saving for flagships, and I have to keep reminding myself to never ever ever buy another Chinese phone, ESPECIALLY not ZTE nor Nubia. I loooooved their 7 year ban in the USA haaahahagagaahahaa!!

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
I appreciate it as the worst phone I've ever had. My husband's LG phone broke and he's currently using his old ZMAX, and I'm jelly bcuz it runs far better than my ZMAX PRO ever did.

We're currently saving for flagships, and I have to keep reminding myself to never ever ever buy another Chinese phone, ESPECIALLY not ZTE nor Nubia. I loooooved their 7 year ban in the USA haaahahagagaahahaa!!

I see it as fewer unRootable devices being shipped to us. That crap really burns my @$$.. They (ZTE) stalk us in the forums to get an upper hand in everything we do to get around their blocks. We just want a customizable phone we can remove bloat from or just choose not to install on a new ROM, instead of buying new garbage devices that constantly overheat or lockup.. Jeeze, they're still putting put new phones with the same or worse specs than 2014! My ZTE Warp Sync (sister device to original Zmax, made a cpl ROMs for that device too) has better function than the newer devices. A female I knew went thru like 3 of them in 6mo..

Upvote 0
I believe this was a US only phone. Well I certainly never saw it in China.
zte.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
I assume my phone is possessed by hostile demons. Google voice is CONSTANTLY turning on and listening in. Makes sense if the zmax pro was some intel gathering device to study American budget shoppers like myself.

I was so hot for this device at launch, it's amazing how much hate this phone has earned from me. Talk about reaching deep into the jaws of victory to pull forth the Black Pearl of defeat!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones