• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE ZMAX TWRP NEW VERSION 2.8.6.0

Hi, I'm just learning how to root this phone. I had no issuing it on my girlfriends Zmax. It went fairly smooth in fact, temp rooted on my first try using king root. Then I downloaded and installed the link you provided for the twrp. Again smooth her phone is permanently rooted and kicking ass. So now I go to attempt to do the same for my phone. I get it temp rooted, but now every time I go to install this twrp apk I keep getting a Parse error!! Whatever the hell that is? I've tried everything and keep getting this error pop up saying Parse Error having trouble with parsing.. It's quite annoying and I have no clue as to why it's giving me this error over and over again? I found a twrp app on Google play but it's not the same my device isn't even compatible with it. AnywAy does anyone know why I keep getting this parse error? How can I fix it? I'd appreciate any feedback I can get!

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm just learning how to root this phone. I had no issuing it on my girlfriends Zmax. It went fairly smooth in fact, temp rooted on my first try using king root. Then I downloaded and installed the link you provided for the twrp. Again smooth her phone is permanently rooted and kicking ass. So now I go to attempt to do the same for my phone. I get it temp rooted, but now every time I go to install this twrp apk I keep getting a Parse error!! Whatever the hell that is? I've tried everything and keep getting this error pop up saying Parse Error having trouble with parsing.. It's quite annoying and I have no clue as to why it's giving me this error over and over again? I found a twrp app on Google play but it's not the same my device isn't even compatible with it. AnywAy does anyone know why I keep getting this parse error? How can I fix it? I'd appreciate any feedback I can get!
Sometimes kingroot causes things to act up. You need to reboot your phone then install the twrp apk and try to root again after that.

Upvote 0
I reboot recovery and when link2sd wasn't working I flashed the restore zip my phone wouldn't open for awhile idk what was wrong so I went in twrp by holding the power button and volume up and I press reboot system and it opened when I saw that cm 12.1 was laggy I wanted to restore back to aicp that's when I realize my backups were gone so I wasn't worried I made another backup of cm 12.1 just in case then I went on android when I went to check if my backup's were back that's when I noticed that the backup I just made was gone too and it was still taking space on the SD card sorry if its confusing

Upvote 0
I'd like to be able to help, but it is difficult to understand long, rambling sentences that have no punctuation. If you could try to follow the basic rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation, it would be easier to understand what you're trying to say.

Tell me this:

1. When you had the switcher flashed, did your phone boot normally or did it boot to recovery when you powered it on?

2. When you made the backups, did you do it in TWRP or by using an app?

3. If you did it in TWRP, were you switched out or had you already flashed the restore zip?

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0
I'd like to be able to help, but it is difficult to understand long, rambling sentences that have no punctuation. If you could try to follow the basic rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation, it would be easier to understand what you're trying to say.

Tell me this:

1. When you had the switcher flashed, did your phone boot normally or did it boot to recovery when you powered it on?

2. When you made the backups, did you do it in TWRP or by using an app?

3. If you did it in TWRP, were you switched out or had you already flashed the restore zip?
OK
1.after I flashed the switcher I went to reboot and I press recovery. everything was fine

2.I made the backups in twrp.

3.i flashed the restore zip and then made the backup.

Sorry for the trouble

Upvote 0
OK
1.after I flashed the switcher I went to reboot and I press recovery. everything was fine

2.I made the backups in twrp.

3.i flashed the restore zip and then made the backup.

Sorry for the trouble
I would try flashing the ROM again. Then reboot and set the ROM up. Go back into TWRP and flash the switcher. Reboot into TWRP by choosing "reboot system" SBD then make a backup. See if that works.

Upvote 0
No. Sorry. My mistake. Make the backup before flashing the switcher. You won't be able to make or restore backups of you're switched out.
OK I just flashed the ROM again, I flash the switcher too, I haven't flash the restore zip yet I'm waiting for u to tell me when and I also noticed that the backup I made before flashing the switcher is gone I think its the rom, what should I do?

Upvote 0
OK I just flashed the ROM again, I flash the switcher too, I haven't flash the restore zip yet I'm waiting for u to tell me when and I also noticed that the backup I made before flashing the switcher is gone I think its the rom, what should I do?
Try flashing the restore zip and check to see if the backup shows. If not, do another backup and reboot. Then see if it shows.

The trick is to flash the switcher zip when going into Android, and flash the restore zip when you want to use TWRP.

Upvote 0
Try flashing the restore zip and check to see if the backup shows. If not, do another backup and reboot. Then see if it shows.

The trick is to flash the switcher zip when going into Android, and flash the restore zip when you want to use TWRP.
I tried to do 2 backups they both failed,I'm gonna go back into twrp to see if the other backups are there

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones