• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1-21-13][ROM] CM10.1 for the evoLTE!!

How is CM10 looking now as a DD everyone? What's not working still? Help a brother out here :D I miss CM10 but it had too many bugs for me when I was using it. Thanks everyone :thumbup:

Honestly... I'm not running into anything.

There can be issues with how cm handles the SD card but that's it here.

I'd suggest making a nandroid and trying decks latest from irc

Upvote 0
CM10 has been my daily driver for a little over 3 weeks now. A record for a flashaholic like me. And I only one ran into an issue with a missed up phone call. Cleared cache and dalvik cache and haven't had a single issue since. In fact I can't go back to sense Roms anymore, too big and clunky for me. Never liked them on the OG Evo either. But with this phone they seemed okay until I tried CM10. Once I had a senseless Rom I really saw how beautiful this phone is.

Upvote 0
I have a noob question.
I am currently on viper rom 1.0.0 with s-on hboot 1.15. I know I have to fastboot the kernel to flash CM10. If i want to go back to viper, would i have to fastboot the kernel from the viper rom?

I'm pretty sure that's a yes.

I don't have your hboot so I can't test.... but I'm unsure if a nandroid would be able to restore your kernel.

If you were flashing back to viper than absolutely you'd have to. Its the nandroid restore I'm not positive about

Upvote 0
Has anyone else experienced a noticeable drop in reception quality after flashing to CM10?

The Sprint reception in my area has always been... not-so-great, but it's been noticeably worse since I rooted and flashed to CM10 a couple of days ago.

Not sure if this helps, but I'm H-Boot 1.19, and I installed the latest (end of Aug) OTA update from Sprint before I decided to root a couple of days ago. I'm seeing posts about flashing your radio to go along with the ROM, how do I find out what radio version I have?

Sorry for the noob questions.

EDIT: I think my radio version is under Baseband: 1.12.11.0809

Upvote 0
Example... open signal maps.

8unege2a.jpg

As you can see. Status bar shows 2 bars, but open signal maps shows 75%

Upvote 0
@rxpert83

You must be sending good mojo my way because my OpenSignal is now hovering around 65% -- pretty much on par with what I was getting before.

For much of yesterday and today, I could not even lock in a 3G signal, and my ping times were like 2500ms. But then again, I've experienced days with bad Sprint signal before when I was stock Sense. I must be a tad bit overly paranoid.

But it's good to note that the reception signal in the notification bar seems to understate your true reception. Very good to keep in mind. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have a noob question.
I am currently on viper rom 1.0.0 with s-on hboot 1.15. I know I have to fastboot the kernel to flash CM10. If i want to go back to viper, would i have to fastboot the kernel from the viper rom? or can i keep the same kernel?

I'm pretty sure that's a yes.

I don't have your hboot so I can't test.... but I'm unsure if a nandroid would be able to restore your kernel.

If you were flashing back to viper than absolutely you'd have to. Its the nandroid restore I'm not positive about

I can tell you first hand (I have the same hboot as you). That you need to flash the kernel when you switch back to viper. Had to find that one out on my own after a little bit of frustration. So yes.. Defnetly are going to need to fastboot flash it, or give flash gui a shot. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
@rxpert83

You must be sending good mojo my way because my OpenSignal is now hovering around 65% -- pretty much on par with what I was getting before.

For much of yesterday and today, I could not even lock in a 3G signal, and my ping times were like 2500ms. But then again, I've experienced days with bad Sprint signal before when I was stock Sense. I must be a tad bit overly paranoid.

But it's good to note that the reception signal in the notification bar seems to understate your true reception. Very good to keep in mind. Thanks!

I've actually had better reception and reception in places I've never had it before. The battery life leaves something to be desired but I'm sure that will come once we start seeing RCs

Upvote 0
I've actually had better reception and reception in places I've never had it before. The battery life leaves something to be desired but I'm sure that will come once we start seeing RCs

have you tried the new komodo kernel yet? it has been pretty good for me so far on cm10. its in the list sticky at the top of this forum.

Upvote 0
So what differences in performance can one expect from the AOSP Camera as opposed to the imagesense powered Sense Camera? One of the things I like most about the phone is the camera and I don't really want to downgrade. CM10 looks to be progressing nicely and after playing with JB on a NExus 7 I'm ready to ditch sense. Currently I'm on Viper and it lags so much I feel like I'm on a stock EVO 4g sense rom. I'm about fed up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones