• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
YEah I just stay here , I know XDA gets things slightly faster and has a bit more information on this kind of stuff but I perfer it over here lol

I flashed SR 3.0 last night , so far I'm enjoying it . Still have to try out GPS , MMS and BT
I like it here too. Those guys are way techie. I did 3.0 last night too but immediately saw a huge battery drain with King#3. He released a new version of #1 and I flashed that late. With a bumped 1500 still holding at 95% nearly 4 hours later. Not much awake time, however. Everyone is wondering if the new 2.2 will change the bump needed charge. I doubt it since I think it's hardware related, but we'll see soon.

Oh yeah, GPS is fine. Don't use BT, MMS not so much.

Upvote 0
Handcent? As for bump, I think I'm in the minority here but here are my thoughts. (BTW, I had to bump the Eris too) I believe it's built into the hardware to avoid burning laps or exploding batteries, such as the iSomethingOrOther had. I think even Dell's laptop batteries exploded at some point. So they throttled it down while the phone was on since that would be double heat. (Charge + usage) I really don't have that much of a problem with it since I have a bunch of batteries and an external charger.

Upvote 0
Handcent? As for bump, I think I'm in the minority here but here are my thoughts. (BTW, I had to bump the Eris too) I believe it's built into the hardware to avoid burning laps or exploding batteries, such as the iSomethingOrOther had. I think even Dell's laptop batteries exploded at some point. So they throttled it down while the phone was on since that would be double heat. (Charge + usage) I really don't have that much of a problem with it since I have a bunch of batteries and an external charger.

Maybe I should have been bumping my Eris also, that things battery life was pathetic to another degree for me.

And no not using handcent just using stock, I haven't installed handcent. For some reason when I was restoring my apps through Titanium it would freeze and shut down my phone . So I only got to restore about 40% of my apps

Upvote 0
Maybe I should have been bumping my Eris also, that things battery life was pathetic to another degree for me.

And no not using handcent just using stock, I haven't installed handcent. For some reason when I was restoring my apps through Titanium it would freeze and shut down my phone . So I only got to restore about 40% of my apps
Paid Titanium? I once ran the free one and it took a long time to restore everything. Try MMS with Handcent, never did like the stock one.

Upvote 0
Touchdown would have been my only one I wanted too. 4 EAS accounts and a pain to enter by hand. You think SR will have another soon or you going elsewhere?

Oh wow, it's thirsty Thursday. I got to start drinking.

SR is releasing 3.0 in Vanilla with KK tomorrow I guess I'll be flashing that this weekend. I'll also probably try Adrenylyns next ROM and would love to get a bug free Jager or CM6 rom as those were my favorites just very buggy for my taste

Upvote 0
I'm very interested to know if anyone has done a flash of the above 1.xx radio. Also, I'm including the 2.05 radio link below to have both in one place. If somebody gives the green light, I'm going to flash the 1.xx and then return to 2.05 b/c I'm one who hasn't had great success with 2.15.

2.05.00.06.11 radio:
dinc_ota.zip

Can this just be put on the SD card and flashed through clockwork like everything else if you are S-Off? I have 2.15 and would like to go back to 2.05.

Upvote 0
agreed that you can only flash the OTA over a 1.xx radio, but...

maybe i'm wrong, but couldn't you just do a flash of the 1.xx radio image, then run the ota? if you have s-off, it would be much easier to do it that way than to go all the way back to stock and start over...

i believe this is just the radio image...

Index of /files/radio/1.00.03.04.06

if adrynalyne is around perhaps he can clarify for us...but i am pretty sure from asking him in another post, that the above link is for just the radio.

I'm very interested to know if anyone has done a flash of the above 1.xx radio. Also, I'm including the 2.05 radio link below to have both in one place. If somebody gives the green light, I'm going to flash the 1.xx and then return to 2.05 b/c I'm one who hasn't had great success with 2.15.

2.05.00.06.11 radio:
dinc_ota.zip

Can this just be put on the SD card and flashed through clockwork like everything else if you are S-Off? I have 2.15 and would like to go back to 2.05.

OK for those of you who are wondering. I was having trouble with speedtest speeds with 2.15 (turns out not to be related to the radio, but that is for a different thread). Anyway, I decided to revert to 2.05 to test. I have s-off so I thought I could just flash the 1.x radio from Adrynalyne and apply the update to 2.05 via clockwork. I got an error about trying to apply multiple firmware updates and it quit. I then did the full revert to stock 2.1, applied the update, then rerooted. I believe the update needs the stock recovery to work, which is why it did not apply via clockwork.

DO NOT APPLY the 2.05 update over a 2.15 radio, bricking your phone is extremely likely. It is not a full image, just patches the 1.00 radio.

Upvote 0
SR is releasing 3.0 in Vanilla with KK tomorrow I guess I'll be flashing that this weekend. I'll also probably try Adrenylyns next ROM and would love to get a bug free Jager or CM6 rom as those were my favorites just very buggy for my taste
SR w/ KK#1 is simply incredible. RC3 should be a treat w/ vanilla. Hiking tomorrow hopefully by the time I get back it will be up. This is fun stuff. Poor bastards waiting for VZW release. So yesterday. And my kids don't give a shit either way. They love this phone, 2.1, 2.2, 9.9, no matter to them. Back tomorrow afternoon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones