• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 2000mAh battery for TP2/Hero/Evo

Guys - instead of taking a risk with a knock-off battery from an unknown source, why not just get an HTC branded 2150 mAh battery like this one?

HTC Extended Battery for AT&T Tilt2 / HTC Touch Pro2 / Sprint Touch Pro2 / US Cellular HTC TouchPro2 - WMExperts Store

i'm looking for one that doesn't require a new battery door or adds extra bulk to the device, please.

I'd get it, but...

"Note: This battery requires a Extended Battery Door"

+1

Upvote 0
I'd get it, but...

"Note: This battery requires a Extended Battery Door"

*glances at coffee cup*

Alright, WHO PUT DECAF IN THE DAMN COFFEE MAKER THIS MORNING?!?!?!

hulk-smiley.gif

Heh, me = reading fail!

Upvote 0
Can anyone else recommend any good batteries for the EVO that are safe and do not extend the size or require a different battery door?

Thanks.

Edit: Would this work fine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Hero-A6277-...Accessories&hash=item4cef6c85f5#ht_720wt_1137

It is supposedly the original battery and OEM. We don't need the back cover, but it still seems to be the cheapest battery I could find that claims to be genuine OEM.

Upvote 0
Can anyone else recommend any good batteries for the EVO that are safe and do not extend the size or require a different battery door?

Thanks.

Edit: Would this work fine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Hero-A6277-OEM-Back-Door-Cover-Battery-1500-maH-/330434381301?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4cef6c85f5#ht_720wt_1137

It is supposedly the original battery and OEM. We don't need the back cover, but it still seems to be the cheapest battery I could find that claims to be genuine OEM.

yes. this is the original HTC OEM battery that can be found elsewhere for about 30 bucks more. only thing is...i'm looking for more than 1500mAH, as this is what comes with the Evo. i want more juice, not a back up. i don't wanna carry a second battery around :p

Upvote 0

Thanks.

This is the one I ordered for when my Evo arrives! i:)i

The same battery I ordered but from this sites store is here:
http://store.phandroid.com/seidio-innocell-1750mah-extended-battery/8A37A6040.htm

Looks like the store here also carries the standard Evo battery as well. So you have lots of options:
http://store.phandroid.com/htc-standard-battery/8A37A6775.htm

I am unsure if it is worth an extra $15 for 250 more 'mAh' but what the heck! i:Di

Upvote 0
In all technical terms 2000mAh always will last longer then a 1500mAh. It's a unit of electrons used over time.

I like your post, but there's a very slight technical problem. It's number of electrons, not number of electrons per unit time. We have:

mA--One thousandth of a coulomb per second
h--hours, or 3600 seconds

So you have 1 C/s / 1000 * 3600 s = 3.6 coulombs. e being the charge on the electron (i.e. 1.602*10^-19 C) this tells us that 1 mAh has 3.6 C / e = 2.25*10^19 (twenty-two and a half billion billion) electrons.

So mAh is simply a raw measure of how many electrons we can pack into our batteries. So far as I understand (and this is a definite at least in the theoretical sense), there should be a direct relationship between mAh rating and run time, given the same conditions.

Upvote 0
It's number of electrons, not number of electrons per unit time. We have:

So you have 1 C/s / 1000 * 3600 s = 3.6 coulombs. e being the charge on the electron (i.e. 1.602*10^-19 C) this tells us that 1 mAh has 3.6 C / e = 2.25*10^19 (twenty-two and a half billion billion) electrons.

So mAh is simply a raw measure of how many electrons we can pack into our batteries. So far as I understand (and this is a definite at least in the theoretical sense), there should be a direct relationship between mAh rating and run time, given the same conditions.

While I can't really dispute your claims, I feel there is a much easier way to explain mAh. Say you have a standard EVO battery (3.7v 1,500mAh), that means that that battery will last an hour if you draw 1,500mA (or 1.5A) at 3.7v. Of course the amperage draw is much less in standard use thus the phone lasting more than an hour. One example would be if you only drew 500mA from the battery it would last for 3 hours.

Upvote 0
While I can't really dispute your claims, I feel there is a much easier way to explain mAh. Say you have a standard EVO battery (3.7v 1,500mAh), that means that that battery will last an hour if you draw 1,500mA (or 1.5A) at 3.7v. Of course the amperage draw is much less in standard use thus the phone lasting more than an hour. One example would be if you only drew 500mA from the battery it would last for 3 hours.

Absolutely :).

Upvote 0
I like your post, but there's a very slight technical problem. It's number of electrons, not number of electrons per unit time. We have:

Oy, yeah I shouldn't have said per (that's a division) lol.

Upvote 0
Thus why many laptop batteries' capacities are listed in WHr:D

Upvote 0
I'm not putting a questionable battery in my Evo. I will most likely buy another battery with two important factors in mind.

1. Doesn't increase the size of the Evo (needing a different back).
2. Is an actual real world improvement over the original battery in terms of actual use time.

This is due to the fact mAh numbers are not regulated with a standard therefore you cannot trust the marketing hype.

If I'm unable to find that battery then I will order another of the original to take on business trips or for use in a jam.

Upvote 0
i have the 3500 mah extended battery for my hero and i have to say that it works great.it definitly makes my phone thicker,i'd say about twice as thick or more. its not a problem because the hero is a small phone.now with the EVO being as big as it is i don't think i'd buy a 3500 mah battery.it will make the EVO look like a big black brick.i'd hate to ruin the look of such a good looking phone.instead i've ordered the Just Mobile Gum 4400 mah Portable Battery Charger.it fits in your pocket and your able to connect it to the phone while it's in its case.heres a link in case anyone is interested.just another option.

Just Mobile Gum Pro USB MP3 iPod GPS PDA External Battery - 4400mAh

Upvote 0
i have the 3500 mah extended battery for my hero and i have to say that it works great.it definitly makes my phone thicker,i'd say about twice as thick or more. its not a problem because the hero is a small phone.now with the EVO being as big as it is i don't think i'd buy a 3500 mah battery.it will make the EVO look like a big black brick.i'd hate to ruin the look of such a good looking phone.instead i've ordered the Just Mobile Gum 4400 mah Portable Battery Charger.it fits in your pocket and your able to connect it to the phone while it's in its case.heres a link in case anyone is interested.just another option.

Just Mobile Gum Pro USB MP3 iPod GPS PDA External Battery - 4400mAh

how long does it take to recharge the evo battery?

thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones