• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G on Samsung Admire Here is the 3022.prl

1. Installed QPST.

2. From the start menu I found the QPST folder and started QPST Configuration

3. Had my Admire connected and opened Device Manager and expanded the Ports icon. I took note of the COM number listed beside the DBAdapter Reserved Interface,which in my case was (COM15)

4. In QPST Configuration I clicked Add New Port at the bottom right and selected the COM15 and enabled it.

5. After that I went back to the start menu,QPST and opened Service Programming. A box popped up asking for a phone and since I only had the one I just clicked OK and a new box with alot of tabs opened.

6. If you go to the Roam tab at the bottom there is a Preferred Roaming area with an area asking for a file. Browse for the PRL and when finished click the Write to Phone button at the bottom of the window. It will ask for your SPC. After that it writes to the phone and the phone reboots on its own. You should let it reboot fully and not unplug it from the computer or mess with QPST while it's doing so.

When the phone is done booting you can close the program and unhook the phone. It took about 10 minutes for data to start working but 3G works fine on it when I'm in a 3G area. My Ascend is using the bloatware free stock 2.2 ROM found on here and I've had no problems for the week with it. Hopefully this can be helpful for someone and sorry if it's not made out too well,pretty bad at explaining things :p

3023.prl
QPST_v2.7_Build_301.exe

Perfectly written instructions. thanks bud appreciiate it much! Got my 3g running after 4 stressfull days lmbo. i updated it using the *288 and it only updated to 3019, metro pcs worker said it should gain 3g on its own and well it hadnt and it was frustrating lolz, so thanks alot bud. +1 to ya!

Upvote 0
Perfectly written instructions. thanks bud appreciiate it much! Got my 3g running after 4 stressfull days lmbo. i updated it using the *288 and it only updated to 3019, metro pcs worker said it should gain 3g on its own and well it hadnt and it was frustrating lolz, so thanks alot bud. +1 to ya!

glad everything is working for you!!!;)

Reactions: flakito97
Upvote 0
I am sorry Nutmeg... I honestly was not meaning to take any credit or anything for this. I was out and about, shopping with the girlfriend and trying to post this at the same time. Edits Will Be Made To First Post... HaHa, nice Ninja Edit nutmeg!

its cool bro, no need for apolo, im one of the craziest on here that loves to have fun...lol :D

sorry new to this, how do i apply?

Instructions.txt easy as cake...;)

Upvote 0
=D got it working thanks Guys. One problem. during calls mostly all my signal fades but using data for internet i get all 4 bars of 3g. should i dim it down to PRL 3022?

Edit: went from PRL 3023 -67 dBm 67 asu
To: PRL 3022 -78 dBm 78 asu

Just thought i'd mention. This will probably be a location thing though. Just a hint if your not getting the "3g" expected.

Upvote 0
I have stated it before if you updated to 3020+ you well have 3G speeds but your phone will not recognize it as 3G unless your area doesn't support 4G like it does in florida since I have 3G at all times now on 3023 but I jumped between 1x and 3G on 3022 I live in hollywood, fl

I'm not sure what u mean? My area I know doesn't support 4G but I don't have 3G... I know i east going.to GAIN 3g by switching.to 3023 but I am just curious as to what u mean by this post. What I understood was that the device wont know.its 3G unless your area.doesn't support 4G. my area doest have 4G and it doesn't recognize it as 3G either.

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
im in irvine,ca. installed 3022 on my admire and still stuck at 1x for about 30 min now...looking for 3020 and will try that. does anyone have any info about 3g in or around LA area. any tips? thanks

Hey I live at West Covina, CA and attempted PRL3022 and now I'm on PRL3023. West Covina is a bit closer to L.A. and I still don't have any luck on obtaining 3G :(. So, I think L.A. is not going to get 3G at this moment...

Upvote 0
I have the terrible 1X problem with my Samsung Admire 2.3.4. It was rooted, and I belive I have the proper USB drivers installed because I had to enable Debug and use USB to root my phone with a batch file. I'm not a total n00b, but this does have me running around in circles.

The data on my phone is absolutely terrible, I have to use Wifi to get just about anything off the Market. According to a map I found I should be able to access 3G, but it may also be just a little bit south of me. Using COM5 to connect my phone through QPST (though I'm not sure if that's the right port) I get a phone number that does not seemingly match my own. I don't know if anybody can help me, but I would appreciate it if somebody could help me attempt to put PRL 3023 on my phone rather than 3019. I've tried *228 and it won't get any better.

EDIT: If I need the Port COM DBAdapter Reserved Interface, it doesn't show up in the Device Manager. :/

Upvote 0
I have stated it before if you updated to 3020+ you well have 3G speeds but your phone will not recognize it as 3G unless your area doesn't support 4G like it does in florida since I have 3G at all times now on 3023 but I jumped between 1x and 3G on 3022 I live in hollywood, fl

That is not correct at all, the PRL will only help your speeds by allowing you to connect to updated towers which may or may not have EVDO infrastructure. This has nothing to do with whether there is 4g in your area.
Basically your phone will only get 3g speeds when you have 3g appearing on your phone. :)

Upvote 0
I have the terrible 1X problem with my Samsung Admire 2.3.4. It was rooted, and I belive I have the proper USB drivers installed because I had to enable Debug and use USB to root my phone with a batch file. I'm not a total n00b, but this does have me running around in circles.

The data on my phone is absolutely terrible, I have to use Wifi to get just about anything off the Market. According to a map I found I should be able to access 3G, but it may also be just a little bit south of me. Using COM5 to connect my phone through QPST (though I'm not sure if that's the right port) I get a phone number that does not seemingly match my own. I don't know if anybody can help me, but I would appreciate it if somebody could help me attempt to put PRL 3023 on my phone rather than 3019. I've tried *228 and it won't get any better.

EDIT: If I need the Port COM DBAdapter Reserved Interface, it doesn't show up in the Device Manager. :/
Where can I find that 3G map

Upvote 0
Essentially, I believe this is the map. (http://www.metropcs.com/coverage/) If I had to take a guess, the DEEP/DARK PURPLE is the 3G Coverage areas. If I'm not in it, I am very, very close so I was hoping maybe this PRL file could help me. My signal tends to suck really badly, too. Such a shame, the Admire isn't a bad phone by looks and specs. I'm having a little trouble hearing and talking to people though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones