• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 4.1.2 Update for rooted users

Do you know what the error code was? Sounds like a potential bad download to me. Its the same file I used to successfully update after the official one failed to flash multiple times.

Either way, I'm going to pull the file for now.

You cannot manually boot to recovery?

Your file is perfectly fine! I didn't have time to comment yet, but I used it today after 4 failed OTAs.
Long story short, don't move downloaded updates to system apps to your /system if you want to get updates.

But anyway, thanks for your check-disabled update!

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Your file is perfectly fine! I didn't have time to comment yet, but I used it today after 4 failed OTAs.
Long story short, don't move downloaded updates to system apps to your /system if you want to get updates.

But anyway, thanks for your check-disabled update!

Thank you for letting me know it worked just fine. That leads me to believe it wasn't my file.

I took it down for now, if anyone else needs it they can PM me.

Upvote 0
I have custom recovery (CWM) and SuperSU so I manually updated (thanks Rx!) after doing fresh Titanium and Nandroid backups and putting SuperSU in survival mode. I'm using Motleys kernel, still showing in the about screen for that, but going to re-flash it again anyway.

But all is well in Nexus land. Got my LAMP server running with a Drupal website and my own email server to service registration requests. Only thing left is to find a VPN host that will allow static IP's so I can domain this thing, set up DNS and Google Bots. But going to see if I can do it through tether to my HTC rezound 1st, then VPN host as next alternative.

Yeah, what he said...

Upvote 0
Hello, I got the update notice on my Nexus 7, but when I try updating it, it says 'Verification failed' on the page. Any help?

Nvm, ignore the top. I tried checking for the update and it downloads and verification is checked. Once it restarts, it gets to clockworkmod recovery screen and asks if I want to install an untrusted zip package. I select yes, but it gives me this error.

Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installing update...
'Verifying current system...
assert failed : apply_patch_check("/system/app/ApplicationsProvider.apk", "8e6fdbdccd36aaba300ce12cbd454591969995d3", "293b260e0b4968cce4f15310e835c65cd2497347")
E: Error in /catch/03a4eaf95f73.signed-nakasi-JZO54K-from-JRO03D.03a4eaf9.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Upvote 0
File added back for others to use since it seems like a download error

Hello, I got the update notice on my Nexus 7, but when I try updating it, it says 'Verification failed' on the page. Any help?

Nvm, ignore the top. I tried checking for the update and it downloads and verification is checked. Once it restarts, it gets to clockworkmod recovery screen and asks if I want to install an untrusted zip package. I select yes, but it gives me this error.

Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installing update...
'Verifying current system...
assert failed : apply_patch_check("/system/app/ApplicationsProvider.apk", "8e6fdbdccd36aaba300ce12cbd454591969995d3", "293b260e0b4968cce4f15310e835c65cd2497347")
E: Error in /catch/03a4eaf95f73.signed-nakasi-JZO54K-from-JRO03D.03a4eaf9.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Post moved to ATR section for solution :D

Upvote 0
Its a minor update other than auto rotate I don`t see the benefit.
It prompted me to update today. Is it OK just not to update till key lime pie comes out?
The ota will break root. Will it break root to do it through twrp as well? Want to weigh the pros and cons of doing it.
I cleared the prompt from the drop down ota. If I still want to update it later how do I get it back?

Upvote 0
So is this update really worth doing in other words?
I already have rotate app installed. It keeps prompting me to do it.
I'm rooted with twrp. Should I do the ota update and reroot or should I flash through twrp.
Or better yet not do it at all? Will it overwrite twrp?
If I enable root keeper in supersu do I still need to flash the file manually with twrp because if I use the ota it will rewrite stock recovery?

Please help. your zip file failed the md5 checksum
So I didnt flash it. And one guy bricked his device with it.

Should I just enable root keeper in super su and do ota?

The annoying update prompt keeps coming up. Will the ota work correctly if I have twrp installed?

Upvote 0
So is this update really worth doing in other words?
I already have rotate app installed. It keeps prompting me to do it.
I'm rooted with twrp. Should I do the ota update and reroot or should I flash through twrp.
Or better yet not do it at all? Will it overwrite twrp?
If I enable root keeper in supersu do I still need to flash the file manually with twrp because if I use the ota it will rewrite stock recovery?

Please help. your zip file failed the md5 checksum
So I didnt flash it. And one guy bricked his device with it.

Should I just enable root keeper in super su and do ota?

The annoying update prompt keeps coming up. Will the ota work correctly if I have twrp installed?

Failing md5 checksum means bad download.

The md5 for that download is C2C87DB0EE10D73BFCE850847159161F
if that doesnt match, redownload.

The OTA will fail if you have uninstalled any system files. It will also unroot you and overwrite your custom recovery usually.

Upvote 0
Updated this morning. All I noticed was the ability to use the actual JB interface in landscape mode.

Also, is anyone else having troubles with stickmount now? It won't mount anything for me since updating. It recognizes the device when I plug it in and asks me what I want to do, but I hit 'mount' and it comes up "Active mounts: none". Tried 4 different flash drives and one NTFS portable HDD, all of which worked previously and I can't get any of them to work now.

Reactions: RichSz
Upvote 0
Hey guys, I was prompted this morning and updated without thinking about it breaking root. I've tried using the nexus root toolkit to restore root but it won't do anything. It gets to 'Checking fast boot status' and then fails, even though the drivers are still configured correctly since last time I rooted. I tried reinstalling the drivers and I got the same issue.

Advice please?

Upvote 0
Can you post a link to the file again?
Rerooting sucks but might have no choice if I can't get the update prompt to go away. Is there anyway to disable the prompting and not do the update? I might keep this version till kelp if possible. But if the prompting doesn't stop I might have to update.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I was prompted this morning and updated without thinking about it breaking root. I've tried using the nexus root toolkit to restore root but it won't do anything. It gets to 'Checking fast boot status' and then fails, even though the drivers are still configured correctly since last time I rooted. I tried reinstalling the drivers and I got the same issue.

Advice please?

Try starting with the device already in fastboot.
also make sure USB debugging is on :p

Can you post a link to the file again?
Rerooting sucks but might have no choice if I can't get the update prompt to go away. Is there anyway to disable the prompting and not do the update? I might keep this version till kelp if possible. But if the prompting doesn't stop I might have to update.

Link is in the op.

Rerooting honestly takes 1 minute. This is a nexus

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones