• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G Data Not Working on Apps after Gingerbread Update

jrymcmb

Lurker
Apr 23, 2012
I have an LG Optimus 3D (Rogers) unlocked, using Telus (V2 SIM card) I have no problems loading up apps, or using them to their full extent on WiFi, however, when I am on 4G I cannot log in to my TD App, I can't view pictures on Facebook, or even run a speedtest, another note when I attempt to run a speedtest it tells me there is no network present.

Browser works no problem, I can go to any website and view anything, its just problematic when I'm trying to use data on my Apps, has anyone heard of this problem ? It seems that it has only started happening when I upgraded the OS to Gingerbread. Telus has no idea why this would be happening, and all LG tells me to do is a factory reset, which I've done twice.

Any possible solutions ?

Thanks !

It looks like a bug in the OS.
The only three options are:
1. Wait for another upgrade to fix the problem. Probably won't fix the problem as the OS was designed specifically for a carrier and their services (You are now using yours on a different carriers network).
2. Root. Install a custom flash_image, recovery, and ROM. This has a better chance of fixing the problem, but still might not.
3. Downgrading to the older OS. This will fix the problem.

Upvote 0
Not sure if you've fixed this yet, but I had a similar experience on an unlocked Euro P920 Optimus 3D... I'm on T-Mobile USA, and out-of-the-box the phone worked fantastic for both Wi-Fi and mobile data (there's only EDGE where I'm at, so I couldn't test HSPA+).

After updating to Gingerbread (LG build V21A, Euro-Open via LG Support Tool), I still had great data speeds on Wi-Fi, but I noticed data wasn't handing back off to cellular once I left range of the hotspot. I figured out the the update wiped out my APN - after manually updating it, mobile data sprang back to life.

Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile Network Settings > Access Point Names.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: SaberJ2X
Upvote 0
Not sure if you've fixed this yet, but I had a similar experience on an unlocked Euro P920 Optimus 3D... I'm on T-Mobile USA, and out-of-the-box the phone worked fantastic for both Wi-Fi and mobile data (there's only EDGE where I'm at, so I couldn't test HSPA+).

After updating to Gingerbread (LG build V21A, Euro-Open via LG Support Tool), I still had great data speeds on Wi-Fi, but I noticed data wasn't handing back off to cellular once I left range of the hotspot. I figured out the the update wiped out my APN - after manually updating it, mobile data sprang back to life.

Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile Network Settings > Access Point Names.

Hope this helps!

This

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones