• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G Issues - Chicago

I was about to say that I've updated my profile a couple times and it didn't seem to do anything. I've done all the standard "fixes" multiple times, short of a factory reset, and nothing has helped.

For me, today I was able to occasionally connect and get data, but only for a couple minutes at a time before having to reset the 4g radio, or my phone, or something like that. It's just really intermittent, which I suppose is better than just plain broken, but I wouldn't get too excited unless your 4G stays connected and transfers data for more than a couple minutes...

Upvote 0
dont waste you time on a factory reset did not help me..... I am on the FAR southside/NW Indiana. I had a smokin fast 4g untill Sunday been wonky ever since sitting in my truck 300 feet from a known tower no connectivity and sometimes no signal
are all the wimax towers linked to one another in Chicago???
PROUD NOOB tiny

Upvote 0
Menu --> Settings --> System Updates --> Update Profile

However, now it's not working again.

Yeah i did that before as well.

Just got home and i can connect to 4g, but its like plugging a light into a plug that isn't on a circuit. Pretty useless. 3g is sucking pretty bad as well. I'm going to call and ask for a credit since they can't provide the service that they said they could.

Upvote 0
I can do one better. Michael Bays Company called me yesterday and asked If i could do his Victoria Secret commercial of course I said yes! :D
You need a gopher.

Called tech and they were useless. Stopped at the store and they were useless. They did give me an address that can test. I'll be checking that out tommorrow at lunch.

I did take the battery out and it is working now. we'll see how long that lasts.

Edit
15 minutes latwr and its still hanging in there. Pulled 3.2 down.

Upvote 0
I'm in Chicago (South Shore Area). I just got off the phone with CS and here is what I was told:

"4G is down nationwide because of a "provisioning tool" being down."

When I asked what the "provisioning tool" was, I was told:

"The provisioning tool is the tool that allows customers to connect to the internet using the 4G net work. As long as it's down, 4G will be down"

I asked for an ETA, the CS rep started laughing and said they've been asking the same question for a couple days. At least they think they've narrowed it down.

Reactions: tiny2nz and 81_
Upvote 0
I'm in Chicago (South Shore Area). I just got off the phone with CS and here is what I was told:

"4G is down nationwide because of a "provisioning tool" being down."

When I asked what the "provisioning tool" was, I was told:

"The provisioning tool is the tool that allows customers to connect to the internet using the 4G net work. As long as it's down, 4G will be down"

I asked for an ETA, the CS rep started laughing and said they've been asking the same question for a couple days. At least they think they've narrowed it down.

best post of the day. it's nice to finally hear that really is an issue, AND sprint knows what it is. it's sad that they don't pass this info on to client service.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, I'm in the Loop by Wacker & Monroe. Normally can get WiMAX in my office. Right now, my Evo (stock) shows I'm connected to WiMAX with full signal, yet I cannot actually pull up any web pages or anything.

Peculiar...

That's mainly what has been happening to me for the past four days. I'm by LaSalle and Lake, but I've had the same symptom everywhere else in the city

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones