6.12.181 UpdateGeneral

1. old.blue

old.blue Well-Known Member

Anyone get it yet? Let us know when you do!

CLICKY

Advertisement
  2. Bodycount

Bodycount Well-Known Member

My wife got it tonight on her Droid 4.

I still haven't got it on my Razr.
  3. pwjone1

pwjone1 Member

I just received a Droid Razr Maxx this week, and the System version remains the older 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US. I am particularly interested in the upgrade, as I noticed one of the fixes is to have better 4G indication, as I'm trying to sort out if 4G is working at all on the device, it pretty much always indicates 3G. I called phone support, and they said that they can see the SIM, and the phone is activated, etc., on their system, but that I'm in a 4G "Extended" area, which long discussion short, apparently means it-might-work, it-might-not. So I'll probably take it to the local Verizon store to see for sure. Have to find a regular 4G area to check it out.
  4. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

I think Motorola is still waiting on the results of the soak test. I'm betting we see it the early part of this week...
  5. steig

steig New Member

I recieved the upgrade on 1 Droid Razor Max, but the not the other one as of yet.
  6. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Can you perhaps share the kernel version of the new build on the one that got the update? (Settings>About Phone>Kernel)

I am hoping they upgraded from the 2.6.35.7 one we have now.
  7. bsweetness

bsweetness Well-Known Member

Nope, no change in the kernel.
  8. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Dammit!

Thx for checking!
  9. REACH

REACH Well-Known Member

Jus searched system updates and it was there. Downloading the update now
  10. ObiDon

ObiDon Well-Known Member

Installing now!
  11. REACH

REACH Well-Known Member

For some reason it said "Update failed", but i have the update; version number is pdated. Motocast widget is there and everything, I wonder what failed?
  12. ObiDon

ObiDon Well-Known Member

I now have three Google Voice widgets! It looks like only one of them actually works though.
  13. cbreze

cbreze Well-Known Member

I got the notification, but have froze the updater/upgrader for now. Wondering if it's that worthwhile. What's everyone seeing?
  14. daltekkie

daltekkie Well-Known Member

Got mine here in Dallas. I had to do a factory reset to get it. Previously I was getting the message "check for updates is currently unavailable". I read in another post that once you start getting this message you have to factory reset. I reset my phone and as soon as I finished setting it back up, I checked for update and sure enough it was there waiting on me.
  15. old.blue

old.blue Well-Known Member

Got mine this morning. Curious to see how much of an improvement there actually is.
  16. PeninaD

PeninaD Well-Known Member

All I had to do was restart the phone, and I was able to get the update. So far, I notice no change... although I am pleased to report that it was quick, painless, and used almost no battery.
    If it matters, I live in NE Pennsylvania, and got the phone in the third week of February.
  17. blackman34

blackman34 Member

Got mine this morning. Installing right now!
  18. andy88488

andy88488 Well-Known Member

Ditto. Doesn't sound like we'll see any changes that are visible to the user.
  19. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Got mine this morning don't see any changes yet.
  20. bsweetness

You probably won't. It's all bug fixes. So unless you were experiencing a noticeable bug that this update addresses, you probably won't notice much of anything.
  21. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

I just manually checked my System updates, and I was informed of this update, and I'm installing as I type this.

If it's just bug fixes, great. One thing I've noticed (a bug) is that several of my short cut icons on my home page have turned into the generic gear icon... they still open and work, but it's a little annoying to see so many gear icons...
  22. Bodycount

Bodycount Well-Known Member

Ok just got mine this morning. Wonder how my wife got hers a week ago before I did on her Droid 4.
  23. bsweetness

Have you tried removing them and then replacing them? I've never had the issue on my MAXX, but it's happened a few times on my Evo View.
  24. bsweetness

Um, because the Droid 4 and the RAZR/Maxx are different phones, therefore they receive different updates. With different devices and different updates, you won't receive them at the same time.
  25. CharlieD

CharlieD Well-Known Member

I've had this happen to me. Are the apps whose icons look like this installed on the SD card rather than the phone internal memory?