• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

7500 mh Zerolemon Battery For S4

GalaxyS4Dude

Jan 16, 2015
I just got the 7500 milli-amp Zerolemon battery for the S4 and am doing my 2nd discharge. The first one was 'forced' as I played YouTube and other videos to drain the battery before I went to sleep so I could recharge it while sleeping. It definitely took alot of playing to drain it down to 2%. Upon receipt of the battery I charged it although apparently the proper protocol is to drain it of its partial-charge and then fully-charge. I went straight to a full-charge from about 60%; hopefully it doesn't screw up the 'memory' of the battery.

A few notices early-on:
  • When charging, you have to keep charging until the GREEN LED comes on, not when it says 100%. Actually, I don't recall seeing the green LED with the standard battery (maybe it was there), I just remember the RED LED being on and/or the charger saying 100%. Funny that I forgot after doing it a probably 100 times !
  • On the 1st full-charge (after I had charged it from 60% to 100%) the battery suspiciously charged very rapidly, as if the indicator was reading the standard battery. Because some messages came across when I was away from the phone, it charged while the screen was lit up and the result was it took about 10-11 hours before I got back to the GREEN LED indicator. I'll try and charge it next time with me next to it so I can see how long it takes with the screen completely off but the S4 on and Wi-Fi on, too.
  • The battery power remaining would sometimes go up as much as 1-2% after I would hit a button after the phone 'snoozed.' Reminded me of when batteries would get stronger, at least for a bit, if you turned the device off. I take this to be a result of the S4's internals being confused by the much larger capacity of the Zerolemon battery.
  • The battery seemed to drain pretty quickly from 100% down to the low 90's (like 1%+ or so an hour). But then it seemed to drain at 1/2 that rate (or less) for about 2 hours or so when it was stuck at 87%. Again, hopefully the S4 is accurate at lower levels so if the battery has power left it doesn't say drained or vice-versa.
  • Even though the battery is alot bigger, it's not unwieldly. I do miss the svelte thinness of the standard S4 and if I had to take the phone to work where I could re-charge during the day I would probably use the standard battery so the phone could easily fit in a suit jacket. But when going away to friends or family for a day or weekend....or going to the beach or a wedding or event where you know you will have a few hours to surf, it's better to have the extra battery capacity. This comes in handy when you don't have to drive there yourself and can use the phone on the way to and from the event. When you take into account the use during the car ride plus at the event, I sometimes would be dead before or early during the ride back home. The 7500 mh capacity of this battery will assuredly leave you with plenty of juice for all-day events.
I'll report back on continuted charging/discharging of the battery, how it holds up under my normal and heavy usage days.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
  1. I had the Airplane Mode on when I went to sleep. On the other battery, I usually will drain about 6% for 10 hours. The 7500 ZL only went down by 3%.
  2. An hour of video was 6-8%, depending on the volume, whereas it was closer to 20% on the standard battery.
  3. An hour of HD 1920x1080 video was about 9%, whereas it was at least 20% or a bit more on the standard.
  4. YouTube videos took up about 6% per hour. At least double that for the standard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got one of these batteries for Christmas. I was not getting any better life from it than a year-old Seidio 4200maH battery. They replaced it following an email discussion. I'm going to put the new one in service when I go to bed tonight. Hopefully I will get the same results you have. This battery is the same size as the Seidio 4200maH battery. Kinda hard to believe it's 7200mAH.

Upvote 0
I got one of these batteries for Christmas. I was not getting any better life from it than a year-old Seidio 4200maH battery. They replaced it following an email discussion. I'm going to put the new one in service when I go to bed tonight. Hopefully I will get the same results you have. This battery is the same size as the Seidio 4200maH battery. Kinda hard to believe it's 7200mAH.

Most likely because it isn't. Was it bought from Ebay or Ali or something? Some of these batteries, with capacity claims well above the original manufacturer's battery, can even have sawdust in them as a filler.

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

You need to DRAIN the battery upon getting it to 2% and THEN RECHARGE it up full. The instructions are unclear and I and others charged 1st up to 100% (from a partial charge) and then discharged. Discharge 1st and then fully-charge.

And the Gsam Battery app looks great, get it, too. Good luck and report back !

Upvote 0
@miket, I purchased the battery through Amazon and the order was seemingly fulfilled directly by Zerolemon. Zerolemon reached out immediately via email with support contact information. The first battery definitely had greater capacity that the stock battery. Zerolemon's customer service is excellent and the battery has a two year warranty. That said, you may be correct that this battery has less capacity than 7500maH . I will report back with additional information on this replacement battery.

Upvote 0
FOLLOW-UP: Well, the battery lasted 3 full days....very impressed with the life. Also found that because it is difficult for the S4 to accurately gauge the remaining battery strength left, you can see the strength indicator 'jump' anywhere from 2-5% if you put it in Airplane Mode or just darken the screen and let it rest. So if you accidentally take the battery very low and can't access a charger, you can still do a few minutes of video/surfing/phone calls even if it is down to 1-2% by letting it 'rest up' for 30-60 minutes.

Battery is on charge to get to 100% charged in 3 hours (usually takes about 90 minutes)....don't think that will turn GREEN LED on, so will see how long a full charge takes. Screen is off, no calls or activity except WiFi is connected, so pretty much the whole charge is going to the battery.

Upvote 0
2nd Follow-Up: On my 3rd day and the battery starts out at 40%. So it looks like it will make it through 3 days again. This time it's less of a stretch as I was home and didn't use the phone for heavy-intensive video or messaging.

Once again, the battery drains pretty quickly from 100% to about 88%, in about 3-4 hours of just standby with the screen off. Either the battery indicator is miscalibrated because it's built to be more accurate for the stock 2600 mH battery or this is normal. Of course, had I gone to Airplane Mode during the first 10% drop I probably would see that 3-5% 'bump' that I talked about so no matter.

Upvote 0
I have been using the replacement battery I received for close to a month now. I probably average only 18 to 20 hours on a charge. I use my S4 very heavily. I have a work email system that may have wakelock issues. The battery is better than stock and a bit better than the Seidio 4200maH battery. For the price and the excellent Zerolemon case I use with it, I am not going to complain. That said, I really doubt this battery would measure 7500maH on a proper tester.

Upvote 0
4th Update: GSam battery app says I am averaging about 2 days 2o hours of use for all full battery charges. The SCREEN ON thing below BATTERY LIFE is indicating 9 hours and 13 minutes (both are under Averages Per Complete Chart)I fully charge it until the green indicator comes on (which is now not long after it says 100% as the battery and phone are now 'in synch' on what a full charge is). I use Airplane Mode over night when I sleep (about 9-10 hours) so that saves some battery usage but the phone is on all the time.

Based on the averages month-to-date, I use the phone about 15-20 minutes a day for talk.....send about 20-25 texts a day.....and use very little data (anywhere from 10 - 30 megabytes a day, depending on if I am near Wi-Fi networks). I probably use the phone double or triple on Wi-Fi vs. the 4GLTE network, so that's more usage when the phone is on (hence why the BATTERY LIFE indicator isn't lower). I believe my phone also goes dark after 1 or 2 minutes when on a call, so it's not lit up.

Also from GSam: Phone....3%.....Screen....40%......Phone Radio....1%.......WiFi Active.....3%......Held Awake......1%....BlueTooth....0%....App Usage.....51%. I do use Bluetooth, but only a few hours each month so that's probably why it doesn't register more.

Admittedly, I am using my phone a bit lighter than normal. But on days when I used the phone a few hours a day to read and surf -- days at the beach, parties or weddings, at someone's house all day -- it's fantastic. I went to a wedding a few months ago with the stock battery and because I didn't drive, the battery was already down 20% from the fully-charged capacity before I even arrived since I used it in the car....then killing time during dead hours and between the service and reception, I drained it even more. Late in the day I was under 10% and the battery thankfully someone had a charger otherwise I wouldn't have been able to read/surf on the way home. And this was a day of almost no video usage, just web reading.

The ZeroLemon battery is great when you have an extra-long day of battery usage (maybe night activity after work instead of going straight home).

Upvote 0
I have been using the replacement battery I received for close to a month now. I probably average only 18 to 20 hours on a charge. I use my S4 very heavily. I have a work email system that may have wakelock issues. The battery is better than stock and a bit better than the Seidio 4200maH battery. For the price and the excellent Zerolemon case I use with it, I am not going to complain. That said, I really doubt this battery would measure 7500maH on a proper tester.
I think that's about right, lowlyworm. Can you post or tell us what GSam tells us about your battery usage ? When I first got my battery and was trying to drain it quickly to re-charge and 'stretch' the battery, the fastest I could drain it would be about 8-10% an hour when the S4 was playing Hi-Def or other video on YouTube or with the video player. Obviously, the screen was on that whole time and I had the volume set at medium (didn't seem to matter if it was set low or high, battery drain difference was minimal).

You may be right on the capacity. I'm sure it was under ideal settings. But then again, the stock battery might not be at 2600 maH so the increase we are getting is probably the same, percentage-wise.

I don't think I ever reached a 3rd day of usage with the stock battery between charges, and yet I went 4-and-change with the ZeroLemon ! I didn't know about GSam until a few months ago but I recall most of my battery charges on the 2600 maH lasting maybe 1 1/2 days or so, tops. So I've almost doubled the length between charges. If I go back to using the stock for a while I'll re-test and report back. Maybe the quality of the Samsung 2600 is better than the ZeroLemon so that's why the increase in usage isn't 2.5x as long but more like a shade under 2x. Again, I could be using it more with the ZeroLemon, I didn't know about GSam until a few weeks before I got the new battery. Maybe if I had it months sooner I would remember the time between charges being shorter or maybe I used the phone even less when I had less battery capacity.

Regardless, it's great to know that 100% with ZeroLemon just won't die on me all day, no matter how heavy I use it before I get home and can re-charge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones