A simple question about my contacts sync

Last Updated:

1. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone contacts aren't sync'n with my gmail account.Coming from Blackberry i used gsync? How can I do this with android?

thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Did you enter them into the phone as "phone contacts" or "google contacts"? only google contacts will sync.

3. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

Can you change them after the fact to Google contacts?

BananaBoatBob likes this.
  4. BananaBoatBob

BananaBoatBob Well-Known Member

good question, im wondering this too

5. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

awww thats why.. that sucks :-(

6. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

I'm wondering this, as well. That would be nice to switch them all to google contacts with a simple script or something.
    Anyone?

7. rhamm621

rhamm621 Active Member

This might be a fix...

Go to your contacts, hit menu and export your contacts to SD card. Then you can erase all your contacts and import the list into your Gmail account throught your browser. Your phone should sync with your Google account and now all your contacts should be Google contacts.

Have not tested this, but its worth a try. Let me know.

8. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

Hm, I definitely don't want to be the guinea pig for this test.
    So, what is the best way to add a contact? In your phone's phone book, or your phone's google book?
    I also have exchange at work, but I am not going to add them through that because I won't be working here forever. ;)

9. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Thats how i moved my contacts from my old phone to this one. Just make sure you clear your contacts in gmail on the pc before you import the new ones, just to make sure you dont get any duplicates.

10. rhamm621

rhamm621 Active Member

Thats how I did it too, so I know the importing works. It seems to me that this is the simplist way to change all your contacts from phone contacts to google contacts. Any new contacts you save, you should save them as Google account contacts so they sync with the server. this way if you ever loose/replace your phone you will have all your numbers back as soon as you put your account info back into your phone.

11. mfortson

mfortson New Member

when I go to gmail on my EVO browser, I go to contacts, but there is no import/export sown on the browser. I've tried changing the view from standard to HTML, to older version, but I can never get it to show import like it does on the PC.'
    Any ideas?

12. rhamm621

rhamm621 Active Member

Dont go into Gmail client. You are going to want to go to the People page from your home screen where all your contacts are listed. Then do the steps I stated in the my OP. Even if this doesnt work, you can restore your contacts to their original state by just importing the same way you would have exported them to your SD card. Hope this helps. Lemme know if you need more help trying this out. I'm pretty confident this will work for everyone, as I exported my contacts from my old phone this way then imported them onto the Gmail website on my computer and they synced to my phone.