• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accidentally Deleted Dialer

ItsLUAP

Lurker
Mar 6, 2012
Yeah, I know, it sounds really stupid, and even I'm wondering how in the hell I did it, but it happened.

I must've accidentally removed the Dialer while re-arranging and deleting apps for the home page, because I can't see the icon anymore. Now I can't put in numbers, and can only access the ones in my contact list.

Yeah, I know, it sounds really stupid, and even I'm wondering how in the hell I did it, but it happened.

I must've accidentally removed the Dialer while re-arranging and deleting apps for the home page, because I can't see the icon anymore. Now I can't put in numbers, and can only access the ones in my contact list.

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Have you tried sliding horizontally to view the adjacent screens to your home screen? You may have accidentally dragged the icon to the next page.

Or, you may be on a page other than your home screen.. look around by swiping left and right. ;)

Upvote 0
Nope, I've been frantically searching every nook and cranny of my phone, but the dialer's nowhere to be found. The only icons I can see on the bottom of my phone are the contacts, messaging, and applications icons, and searching through the applications menu ended up with nothing, as well.

Upvote 0
The only possible way that I know of to remove the dialler icon from the bottom bar is by going into your applications and tapping the menu button then Edit. From here, you can rearrange the icons and add or remove items from the bottom bar by holding the icon and dragging it to another location.

I'd suggest you have a look in your applications for the "Phone" icon then enter edit mode and drag it back to the bottom bar.

Ray.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones