• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ACS] Star-ScROM for Transform Ultra

I can't tell how you're doing things but my only question is whether you're using the latest version and the sprint version of that... I'm a boost user and had no probs with this release.

Well the latest version is the first one that has a seperate rom for sprint. I downloaded it and clicked the .bat file. Then it told me to turn on usb debuging even though i already had it turned on. So i hit enter. It did all this bunch of codin stuff and then gave me that error.

Upvote 0
A lot of people are having this problem.. I don't think Interdpth is messing with this anymore but I could be wrong..

try right clicking on the .bat file before you run it and hit properties, then click "run as administrator"

if no luck

try re downloading it again and repeating the above

if still no luck

get android SDK and ADB installed on your system and manually push it:
I did a full set of intructions in post 231 on how to push it with ADB
link to post:
http://androidforums.com/3849621-post231.html

Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0
A lot of people are having this problem.. I don't think Interdpth is messing with this anymore but I could be wrong..

try right clicking on the .bat file before you run it and hit properties, then click "run as administrator"

if no luck

try re downloading it again and repeating the above

if still no luck

get android SDK and ADB installed on your system and manually push it:
I did a full set of intructions in post 231 on how to push it with ADB
link to post:
http://androidforums.com/3849621-post231.html

Yea i had already done all of that but i'll check those instructions.

Upvote 0
All I get is the logo flashes I let go and it reboots no matter what combo I use so I'm not sure I 'm using the right button combo

Hold volume UP for three seconds...then press power...hold both till you see samsung screen...when you see samsung screen let go of power but continue to hold volume UP...when you see the option page for CWM let go of volume UP....then your good to go bro

Upvote 0
trying to see a difference when i switch between cdma and evdo in star settings. I test it online with 3gspeed.info/ ,
and others. With full bars im only getting between like 12 and 40 kbps (about 5 tries each site). Is there something im missing? Because your advertisement says " Radio Info(Change to EVDO and it'll unlock your speeds to awesome levels!)." Anyone have any ideas how to get better internet speeds with star settings? Please help if you can. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hey guys, phones been rooted a while. Just now got around to installing CWM and did a back up. Then think I installed boost .6 version. Now my question is how can ou tell it worked? Not much visible diff is seen. Except my signal bars and 3g isn't green any more. An some of my home screen widgets were gone when the phone rebooted. Kernel version is 2.6.35.7-perfse.infra@SEI-28 #2 and build # is now 2.3.4. Like I said total noob to this and droids for that matter. An if it did work, what's next? Thanks ahead for any info. :eek:

Upvote 0
help is appreciated .....

Had a samsung prevail, rooted it, then the transform ultra cam out so i jumpship to the ultra.

Had the ultra for a while and rooted .... kinda forgot about things really, then i checked back here one day and WOW, how the community has grown.

Transform>rooted>dl'd cwm> backed up factory rom> flashed with star-scrom> then did bobz overclock kernel/wifi

Everything worked as it should, i believe.

i am having this wireless tether issue though.

i always got the ad-hoc error with my wireless tether and ignored. it still worked though ...

Now, after the star-scrom rom flash, people seem to be using FoxFi, after i dl'd app and installed, my wireless devices just hang and then it says something like server connection issue?

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones