• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm Clock Issues

My issue is that once an alarm is set, I can't cancel it! Even if I unclick the clock icon and it goes dark and there is no icon in the status bar, the alarm still goes off! But, this is a crappy Samsung product so I guess I shouldn't expect it to actually work as advertised.

I have the same problem...it doesn't happen all the time but about 98% of the time. At first I thought I was doing something wrong but I know for a fact I canceled the alarm and it still goes off.

Upvote 0
Another suggestion to use Alarm Clock Plus. Even the free version has a ton of nice additional features that the stock alarm does not.

I've been using it exclusively for months and never had a problem snoozing, dismissing, etc.

Not sure I get the aversion to 3rd-party apps. That's one of the whole reasons to get an Android phone. It's more "computer" than "appliance" and it's meant to be set up with the apps that you like. It's like getting a Windows PC, complaining that the included Notepad doesn't have enough word-processing features, but refusing to install OpenOffice for free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones