• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All gmail services not syncing

I had the same issue with none of my apps syncing on my HTC Desire - noticed I had the low space icon too. This really bugs me after splashing out for a 16gb memory card, which still has over 14gb free! (and yes all my apps are set to 'Move to SD Card' where available).

Unistalled a couple of apps and now things are syncing again.

I think the long term solution is to copy all my contacts and important data over to my PC, Take the HTC Desire, throw it in the bin and get a phone that can actually do what it says on the tin!

Rant over.

Oh, and thanks to Ian Mac for the solution !

Upvote 0
After trying many suggestions on this thread I took the advice and deleted my biggest app (Netflix at 22mbs) and it cleared up my low memory warning and allowed my gmail to sync.

Which leads me to another question...I'm not running that many apps (or so I thought) and when I check my memory (using the app DiskUsage) I'm told that under Applications of 820 MiBs of Data that 570 MiBs are free space and on my phone and sd card it appears that I have a ridiculous amount of space.

Sooo... how much data is allowed for apps before syncing gets blocked? And what can I do to max this out?

HTC Incredible...version 2.3.4

Upvote 0
I've had a problem on my HTC Desire over the last 3 days where I couldn't log into to GTalk, and my Google Calendar wouldn't sync with my PC.:eek:
I'd also tried to send a couple of emails with gmail, and that hadn't worked either, although my normal non google mail was working perfectly.;)

I had had no low memory warnings although lately sometimes apps would not install unless I installed them one at a time.:thinking:

Thinking it might be a low memory problem, even though I appeared to have 13 Mb free, I started deleting unwanted apps.:mad:

Suddenly, things started working again after a few deletions.:D:D:D:D

Therefore, it must have been caused by some sort of low memory log jam.

Upvote 0
I received the same sign-in error stating that I entered the wrong password. Here's what I did and it worked.....
log onto your gmail from your computer
click on the drop down arrow next to your name in the upper right-hand corner
click "Account Settings"
this should bring up your account and make sure "Account Overview" is highlighted
Go to "Authorized to applications and Web sites" and click modify
You will come to a sign in screen requesting your password. Enter your regular password to proceed.
On this page is a section titled "Application Specific Code"
You have to set up/generate a password for your Android Device.
Once you arrive on this page, the directions are pretty clear.
I have an HTC Desire HD and it worked for my phone.

Upvote 0
So I realize I can not get into gmail on my phone, that it hasn't synced in days. I have had this phone, what , 3 years? I hate these phones and the companies. I really think they send things to your phone so you come in and buy a new one, a new plan, so I have had to reset my phone several times in the last 1 1/2. Trying to avoid that if possible. So I tried some of the suggestions below. I dumped data in gmail, gmail storage then gmail apps- which may have been a big mistake. I got excited because I have to sign in, figured it was fixed but nope - now it can not communicate with the google servers. what is that. A couple weeks ago voice mail stopped working. I can at least see the list now, last week I could not, but it will not play any messages. These companies have got you. SO frustrating. So anyway, just wanted to recommend NOT dumping the google app data. I will keep searching but I think I will have to factory reset before the weekend is over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones