• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ALPHA] ICS for Optimus M (NOW COMPILED AND BOOTING)

well.. one thing that i forgot to edit in the device folder was the system.prop.. so i just applied the changes to the build.prop and repackaged it.. my link between linux and windows isnt working right now.. so im uploading it to fileserve so i can download it to windows and copy to my sd lol

Upvote 0
but there a few things i need to go back and fix.. the camera i know isnt going to work.. i got 3000 lines of error when trying to compile the camera.cpp.. so i commented it tout.. also there were some strings that i was in to much of a rush to add-resource.. and i switched a few things here and there.. i believe once i get most of the stuff cleaned up i can do a build complete through with no errors.. i also need to downgrade my gcc to 4.4 or 4.5 so i can go back and certain things back in the files to compile correctly.. but... it booted.. on the first complete build.. and that makes me happy for now

Upvote 0
device-2011-12-15-155157.png
device-2011-12-15-155146.png

ok.. you see the little blue circle int he middle of the screen.. i can move that around.. but thats it.. touching wont select anything...

i think thats a good starting point lol

heres a link tot he rom FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.. it should be fine.. lol

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42841380/thunderc_signed_121511_152741.zip

Upvote 0
hi i tryed to flash and it is stick at the PG tron like droid screen.
please help

not a whiole lot working right now lol.. the android screen will take a few minutes. ghost is having a hard time getting to to load as well.. just make sure you wipe everything b4 flashing, and you dont need gapps.. will update with fixes when i have them.

Upvote 0
not a whiole lot working right now lol.. the android screen will take a few minutes. ghost is having a hard time getting to to load as well.. just make sure you wipe everything b4 flashing, and you dont need gapps.. will update with fixes when i have them.

You should post the dropbox link into the op. :)

Reactions: tripdoc79
Upvote 0
Booted for me. It's a pain to navigate with it, especially because of my screen protector. Well you guys have made it past one hurdle.

NOTE TO ALL. Make sure you backup the google proprietary system files because you will need to restore those also when you go to restore your system to the prior point of flashing this rom, otherwise you'll get stuck at the LG screen like I was for about 2 minutes trying to figure out why my restore wasn't working. Just an FYI so no one gets screwed by dumb mistakes.

(damn good thing I backed mine up.)

Upvote 0
the camera at this point doesnt work at all... i commented out the files for it, it gave me about 3000 lines of error when it tryed to compile it.. least of ym worries right now lol.. im getting ready to build again, gonna see if i can get the screen to work correctly... order im working on things.. screen, phone, texting, whatever comes after that lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones