• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alternative app to the Android Market?

BBOOZE

Sep 23, 2010
I know this was partly addressed in previous posts I've found but just want to solicit opinions. I've noticed that the stock Android Market app keeps asking me to update apps that I had updated previously. I check the version numbers of each app and for the most part they don't change but I'm being asked to update them anyway. Can developers "tweak" their apps and re-submit and update without necessarily updating the version number? I'm thinking the Gingerbread Keyboard here, specifically.

Also, how is that AppBrain app? I installed it but when I went into the app it wanted me to "update" all of my apps which had supposedly already been updated to the latest version by the stock Android Market app. So I just uninstalled AppBrain because I don't want to screw anything up.

Finally, I cannot understand why you cannot bookmark apps in Android market or even in the Apple market. I can't tell you how many times I've found some interesting apps but don't want to spend the time/$ right at that moment to install them, oftentimes forgetting about them later.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones