Android 2.1 to 4.2 - motorola citrus

Last Updated:

1. blitzJan

blitzJan New Member

Hello, I'm buying a used Android Motorola Citris and wondering if it's possible to update the software to Android 4.2 (or at least 4.0). I'm new to Android and would love some tips. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

If it did not get an OTA update to 4.x then your only option would be to root it. But, I am not finding a subsection on this forum or XDA Developers for this phone so there may not be a rooting method for this phone. Sorry
  3. blitzJan

blitzJan New Member

Shoot. Is it possible the device just can't run Android 4?
  4. SulkyAndroid17

SulkyAndroid17 Well-Known Member

Why would you buy a Motorola Citrus? It's an obsolete phone now and I would find something else if you want your Android experience to be enjoyable. Installing Android is not like installing Windows or a Linux distro. ROM's are made to only work on a specific device. You would be lucky to find a Gingerbread Rom for the Citrus. Let alone Jellybean. And with the Citrus's 528MHz processor you would not be running Jellybean very fluidly.

Motorola Citrus Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

5. It is even probable, likely, that the old hardware cannot run the modern software...
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

It would probably run, but not very well. Close to unusable even. Gingerbread (2.3) would probably be the newest it could get. The chip that runs the phone is probably about 4 years old.
    ocnbrze likes this.