• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.2 [Froyo] Bugs and Questions - Post em Here

that hasn't helped at all any other ideas??:thinking::thinking:

Umm, what launcher are you using? Stock, or something else?

I have tried several versions of swype and the either tell me it doesn't work for my screen size or that my trail period has ended.

If you're not an official beta tester, with all of hte DRM built into it I'd just as soon not try anything that is not official from Swype.

Upvote 0
Is it just me or are there a lot of apps that seem to spontaneously open on Froyo for no apparent reason. I'm talking like 15-18 at a time. Like my phone will be setting there charging. My led will start flashing. I think I got a text. I go to check it and come to find out its letting me know I got an email even though.I.never had email open and never set my email to give me announcements. It just opens for no reason. And its.not.just.email. its all the apps at one time or another. Anyone else noticing this?

Brandon

Upvote 0
Is it just me or are there a lot of apps that seem to spontaneously open on Froyo for no apparent reason. I'm talking like 15-18 at a time. Like my phone will be setting there charging. My led will start flashing. I think I got a text. I go to check it and come to find out its letting me know I got an email even though.I.never had email open and never set my email to give me announcements. It just opens for no reason. And its.not.just.email. its all the apps at one time or another. Anyone else noticing this?

Brandon

That is weird I am going to turn off notifications in my e-mail and see if it does it for me too, I have everything on so I wouldn't notice this problem at the moment. I will try to remember to get back to you on that.

Upvote 0
Ever since updating to 2.2 I have been unable to get any service. Everything else works fine except for being unable to use the phone/messaging part of my droid. After searching through several forums for the past 2 hours I seem to be the only one having this problem. Can anyone offer any advice?

EDIT: I just read the 2.1 BIG READ me Trident posted and this sounds very similar to what is going on with me. I lost my 3G service when I updated to 2.2 however I did perform a factory reset after that.

Upvote 0

Brandon

email, or GMail?

i had adw but uninstalled after i updated so now im using the stock home.

Did you uninstall it before the update or after?

Ever since updating to 2.2 I have been unable to get any service. Everything else works fine except for being unable to use the phone/messaging part of my droid. After searching through several forums for the past 2 hours I seem to be the only one having this problem. Can anyone offer any advice?

EDIT: I just read the 2.1 BIG READ me Trident posted and this sounds very similar to what is going on with me. I lost my 3G service when I updated to 2.2 however I did perform a factory reset after that.

I pointed him to your post...

switching screens is definitely slow compared to launcher pro

other than that the phone and flash are working great.

I <3 LP

Seriously, it rocks on so many levels....

Reactions: Atticore
Upvote 0
It is email I was talking about. But not just email. The same 10-12 apps keep opening over and over again. And on the email front, I went right to the email settings and disabled the.notifications. went to Ark and killed it. Went right back to email settings and.notifications were enabled again. I have been.having weird stuff like this.happen ever since I installed this. Its just frustrating that all these apps open for no reason.

And this is OT by if I did a.factory reset on my phone right now would my phone still have 2.2?

Brandon

Upvote 0
after the update

OK, when you removed ADW, did you manually set up your home screens and whatnot all over again? or was everything already there?

It is email I was talking about. But not just email. The same 10-12 apps keep opening over and over again. And on the email front, I went right to the email settings and disabled the.notifications. went to Ark and killed it. Went right back to email settings and.notifications were enabled again. I have been.having weird stuff like this.happen ever since I installed this. Its just frustrating that all these apps open for no reason.

And this is OT by if I did a.factory reset on my phone right now would my phone still have 2.2?

Brandon

What are the apps....

My Old dolphin browser continually force closes...

I haven't used Dolphin for that very reason - try uninstalling it and then re-installing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones