• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market problems / no updates

So i have two strange problems with android market

1 - the first being im no longer getting notifications telling me i can update my apps. If i search the app it says i can update, but otherwise i don't even know there is an update.

2 - the second problem, when i log in to android market on my computer, i face this list (http://i43.tinypic.com/2ldg0ae.png) it says all these apps are installed
on my device, when only gmail and google goggles are.

I'm not sure if these problems are related, but does anyone have any idea how i can fix either of them?

1 - the first being im no longer getting notifications telling me i can update my apps. If i search the app it says i can update, but otherwise i don't even know there is an update.

2 - the second problem, when i log in to android market on my computer, i face this list (http://i43.tinypic.com/2ldg0ae.png) it says all these apps are installed

I'm not sure if these problems are related, but does anyone have any idea how i can fix either of them?

Odd...I have the same problem (1)

Upvote 0
Just confirming, auto updates is switched on? Open Market, Menu, Settings, Notifications & Auto Update are both checked (sorry, I have to ask)?

If yes, have you tried clearing the cache and data associated with the market app? Which version are you using?

The market website does that for me too, it lists every app I've ever installed as currently installed, so that's a known bug and nothing much can be done about that I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
Just confirming, auto updates is switched on? Open Market, Menu, Settings, Notifications & Auto Update are both checked (sorry, I have to ask)?

If yes, have you tried clearing the cache and data associated with the market app? Which version are you using?

The market website does that for me too, it lists every app I've ever installed as currently installed, so that's a known bug and nothing much can be done about that I'm afraid.

notifications are on, auto updates are off(they always have been). I have tried clearing cache and data for market in settings > applications > manage apps > all > market. (if that is the correct place)

It's good the know that the second problem isn't just me, Didn't know if these were related / i broke something.

Upvote 0

Notifications, Auto update apps, update over wi-fi only: ON

Today Facebook had an update yet I had to update it manually which is weird.

Upvote 0

1) Try clearing the market data. Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market > Clear Data

2) The webpage does this. It gets notified when you install apps, but doesn't get notified when you uninstall apps. It's weird like that. I think the website polls every once in a while to see what you actually have installed, though.

Reactions: Kokothemonkey
Upvote 0
1) Try clearing the market data. Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market > Clear Data

2) The webpage does this. It gets notified when you install apps, but doesn't get notified when you uninstall apps. It's weird like that. I think the website polls every once in a while to see what you actually have installed, though.

I have done 1 already, 2 is good to know, glad it isnt something ive broken lol.

Upvote 0

+1 on this. Works. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones