• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anime/Manga not so ultimate otaku Lounge

OK, so I finished the first Lelouch series. It was OK, very good in spots, but it seemed to be hitting Death Note meets Big O.

So, I watched the first episode of Demonbane. Here, dark magic meets Big O. But I am bored, so I'll give it a chance.

Dear Crunchyroll,

More Shinigami, more shinobi, less Big O.

Cheers,
Concerned Neub

By the way, second episode of Brave 10 is available for viewing.

Dear EarlyMon

Though your suggestions are quite awesome :D,please keep the time between suggestions atleast one week :eek:.
It's difficult to find time and keep up with your speed :) of animes .

Sincerely
The guy who hangs around here .

P.S
Ignore everything said above .Keep them coming .I will catch up soon after reading one piece which is tiring :) (I read bleach all of them in one day but have barely scrapped 200.Nico joined the crew and Luffy is fighting/thrashing Bellamy )

Also +1 for Naruto vs Luffy .

Reactions: Yeahha and EarlyMon
Upvote 0
/naruto
[Hide] That chapter makes up for no bleach last week and this week:D One of the best chapters I've read in a while.[/spoiler]

One piece I am on chapter 610 or so and should be current tomorrow. At this point I think luffy vs naruto wouldn't be much of a match if luffy saw naruto as trying to prevent him from becoming pirate king :eek: yeah I said it.

I watched darker than black this weekend it was pretty good. Been sick so Netflix has been a nice friend.

My next avatar if for this thread ;) I call it otaku fail:p

Upvote 0
The white sea and gods arc is quite tiring to read .gods and angels and stuff was a bit slow after the action packed b.w. arc
My friend told me it gets slow at times which is annoying .
Currently on the manga when the god is injured .
Plus this is the first manga I am reading by volume .

Upvote 0
By the way, probably everyone got my Big O reference earlier, but if somehow not...

5-11-11-Real-Steal1.gif

Upvote 0
I found Demonbane wanting, but it did have good artwork.

I think that I will conditionally recommend 07 Ghost. It was textured but sometimes too clean. To draw an analogy, it was like Mona Lisa Overdrive instead of Neuromancer. Sorry, that reference will only make sense to William Gibson fans, but it is the best parallel I could draw, and possibly accurate.

Not of the caliber of other stories here, but not too bad. Give 2 episodes a go to decide before investing time.

I didn't regret it, it was an engaging escape and a little different.

Reactions: karandpr
Upvote 0
Durarara is at maximum creepy.

When the protagonist got into his tirade about love being about ownership and if the girl was lucky enough and gave herself completely (no guarantees), he might help her get her head on her body back, I nearly retched. I can't even stand seeing it on my tv guide.

Ahh :eek: you are worse than me at chewing up content. I almost thought I was going to be able to get a week break between trying to watch/read something but DRRR looks interesting. I've figured out in a weekend I can watch a full 26 episode series and still be somewhat productive :D

Yet another series to add to my list :p

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if I should comment on Dragon Crisis... It was over before I realized I wasn't sure about it and had gotten roped in.

I imagine our consumption rates are similar. I finished 07 Ghost just before the thread started, forgot to mention it.

I've pulled in a few episodes of 11eyes, still deciding on this one. Living nightmares under a black moon - may be interesting.

I watched a part of Martian Successor Nadesico: Prince of Darkness. It jumped around bizarrely, much like many Japanese TV shows, but it's worth a gander for the parts taking place in what appears to be our time. I couldn't help but feel that that the settings were exactly faithful to a number of Tokyo suburbs I've walked around, and the night scenes on the train captured the feel and exact color scheme of one the smaller rail companies. Name is on the tip of my tongue - maybe Keio. Anyway, for about 10 minutes, I felt like I was back.

Yes, there is a rail line with that green and white interior scheme, and yes, the colors really look like that. And the oddly angular appearance of the train interiors at night - accurate.

Upvote 0
/One Piece
I think it may have been a filler arc and they wanted to show off how powerful everyone got. I rather liked fat Usopp but he got crazy powerful as well. I think smoker will keep progressing in ranks and Aokiji very well could become a revolutionary but that will make his relationship with Robin even more screwed up

Upvote 0
/One Piece

With the Poseidon,Pluton and Uranus reference ,it's far from filler arc . I want to see more Luffy Haki .Killing Ace and Whitebeard in one arc was damn powerful . All in all ,one piece has the best Time skips ever .Bleach is worst . Naruto is pale compared to One piece .
The villians are awesome .
Akainu who killed ace ,Blackbeard who made an idiot of the marines and yet to be seen crew .

Upvote 0
/One Piece
Agreed, the time jump in OP is much better than Naruto where everyone did get more powerful but I still don't think we have seen everyone's advancements or Bleach where there was no change other than Ichigo got used to being "normal" again.

I still think it mostly a filler arc, but it does set up the rivalry of the strawhats and Big Mom pirates. I could see it becoming a pirate war between Shank's crew (if the strawhats meet up with Shanks before the SHTF) and Big Mom's crew. I am sure Shirahoshi will be a major player in the future since she is one of the 3 weapons.

I am also waiting for Jinbe to join up with the strawhats. I think Luffy's declaration of war with Big Mom saying he will make Fishman Island his territory may speed that up some

Has anyone subscribed to Shonen Jump Alpha? It looks like it will be the English version of Shonen Jump but the chapters are 2 weeks delayed so I am kinda hesitant to jump onboard (see what I did there :p)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
So, I checked and 07 Ghost is available as manga as well as anime.

I think I'll give it another plug, just skimming some of the other stuff, maybe you cats will enjoy it as I did after all.

Here's the opening credits - likely enough to show enough art and some elements to suggest if it's interesting or not, without spoiling -

07 Ghost OP HD.flv - YouTube

Upvote 0
So, I checked and 07 Ghost is available as manga as well as anime.

I think I'll give it another plug, just skimming some of the other stuff, maybe you cats will enjoy it as I did after all.

Here's the opening credits - likely enough to show enough art and some elements to suggest if it's interesting or not, without spoiling -

07 Ghost OP HD.flv - YouTube

Looks pretty. I will be checking it out. I tend to be more likely to read mangas than anime due to the amount of time they take. If I watch a series I usually end up reading the manga sometime as well :D

Upvote 0
Still trying to make the transition to manga....

It isn't for everyone. I like manga because I can go at my own pace and in the same 20 mins it takes to watch an episode I can read a few chapters of the manga...it is also easier to stop the manga and start reading it again after one of my kids try to distract me ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones