• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

another nooby noob here, need your help.

myria

Lurker
Sep 25, 2012
hi guys,

well, i am really sorry to bother you with this.. i usually try to solve my own problems (and most of the time, succeed..) but right now i need your help.
what happened was completely my fault as i failed to read further into what i was about to do. i rooted my phone (Alcatel OT-995) and i attempted to change system fonts but after saving & rebooting the device never came to life anymore.. it gets stuck at the boot logo. unfortunately, i did not install any recovery software, but i do have a backup someone uploaded in an alcatel group (but they refused to explain anything). tried to flash the poor thing a few times according to what i read on the internet, with no luck whatsoever. please tell me this is not the end, there must be a solution, as even one touch upgrade can 'see' the phone and its currently installed version of android.

please help!

best regards,
Myria

hi guys,

well, i am really sorry to bother you with this.. i usually try to solve my own problems (and most of the time, succeed..) but right now i need your help.
what happened was completely my fault as i failed to read further into what i was about to do. i rooted my phone (Alcatel OT-995) and i attempted to change system fonts but after saving & rebooting the device never came to life anymore.. it gets stuck at the boot logo. unfortunately, i did not install any recovery software, but i do have a backup someone uploaded in an alcatel group (but they refused to explain anything). tried to flash the poor thing a few times according to what i read on the internet, with no luck whatsoever. please tell me this is not the end, there must be a solution, as even one touch upgrade can 'see' the phone and its currently installed version of android.

please help!

best regards,
Myria

I'm not very familiar with this phone, but do you have any type of custom recovery installed? Do you have access to the bootloader?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones